• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, but the weather's being a bit more reasonable this week: currently 15°C with an expected high of 20°, getting a bit cloudier later. The barometers are back up a bit at 1006/1014mB

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Coolish side of warm in here at 22.2 deg C, 23.5 deg in the kitchen, 21 deg in the leanto.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (up from 1011 last night), 68% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

The telex machine is glowing particularly brightly.

Meanwhile on the 21st of June 2019 NF couldn't get the camera to work on a videocall to Canada, I was inadvisedly washing a pair of jeans in with the smalls, and there was a rare post to TPD from Phil the Greek.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 bus out, 38 bus back.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons toasted some sort of crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: In Business waffling on about something, Y&Y waffling on about solar panel installation con, what the Millennials expect out of life. Ah. 4 bed house in Cornwall, big feckoff Range Rover, etc. etc. Good luck with that. Stone me, even the "cheap" houses are expensive down there.

5 lawns mown. Not particularly long apart from the flowering weeds.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E1: the first appearance of Lantern, no Rory. .

Tea: tomato soup with rice, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. TSo'CN.

Freecell score: 100% (of 8), running average: 85%.

Joy of Painting.

Joy of Painting.

Weatherman Walking. North Wales.

NCIS S19 E18 "Last Dance".

Car SOS S10 E8. Hope it's not another fecking fire engine.. Toyota Supra MkIV. Whatever that is. It's not a fire engine which is a plus. It's a Citroen HY van. Another sad one.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 June 2023, 21:02.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Afternoon all

Sunny but cloudy. Windy. Currently 22 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up a bit to 1022 mBar.

Busy first day back.

Comment

Tea: spaghetti and meatballs. Very nice

And for the record, lunch was the rest of the pork pie

Comment

And there's also a bedding wash approaching the conclusion of its drying phase

Pretty sunny out now, but the temperature is remaining under control at 19°C

Comment

I managed to make some progress with my SwiftUI thing, thanks to some bloke's blog

Then I watched S3E2 of Forensics: the Real CSI about a ram raid on a jewellery shop, which was interesting enough that I carried on with S3E3 about a fire in a plastics recycling factory. Also very interesting

And so to bed to read a little more of Attack Warning Red!

Goodnight all

Comment

evening/morning. Should pop in here more often.

'night

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, and not overly warm at 15°C, with 21° expected by around teatime. Barometers are up a bit more at 1009/1017mB. The weather app talks of light drizzle, but I can't actually see any at the moment; maybe it'll turn up soon

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      evening/morning. Should pop in here more often.

'night

You know you're always welcome

Comment

Working...
                      X