• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ for NF & NF's mum.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      ^^^ for NF & NF's mum.
      Thanks. Apparently they've now said that they'll try the antibiotics for three days and if things don't improve, they'll just "make her comfortable" and let things take their course

Comment

Tea has been a roast chicken dinner, which was exceedingly nice

No further news about my Mum, which I assume is good news

Comment

The car earlier was a Datsun 420Z that we've seen before, and the gold diggers are having varying fortunes as they approach the ends of their seasons. And whilst dining, an episode of Trucking Hell

And later, I read some more of Frontier

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, and suggestions of overnight rain (puddles on the flat roof of a couple of garages visible from the bedroom side of the flat). Currently 10°C, and expected to reach 15° this afternoon. Breeziness expected from 10:00 onwards. The barometers are optimistic though, being up to 1013/1021mB

Comment

Morning all
              An hour ago it was CBS.
              It's now murky.

TFIF, etc
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Damply dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 16 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto, 12 deg in the salting house.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765.1 Torr, 14.79 psi, (up from 1016 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 4th of June 2019 the Sharp 40" tv was bricked and due to return to Lidl for a refund.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

The small bottle of The Balvenie Double Wood whisky being emptied, a small bottle of Clynelish whisky opened unbidden.

And another letter arrives for the chap who doesn't live at my house: this one invites him for an appointment at the local hospital on the 23rd.

This just gets better & better.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some bollox on R4 about Yoko fecking Ono: it rapidly went <click>.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned.

Trip down to the Castle Surgery to enquire about their newly registered patient.

Naturally enough wouldn't tell me if the house number they have on file corresponds with my house number. Expecting another fecking letter by Monday.

Onward to Lidl(tm) where I bought a cabbage and some vacuum packing bags, thence to Halfords where I bought some 2 stroke & 4 stroke engine oil (though quite why I bought the 4 stroke is questionable considering the amount of new unused engine oil in the garage).

It's hot out there & sunny with it. I'm staying inside until it cools down a bit.

Freecell score: 85%, running average: 85%.

Tea: battered cod, some peach slices, a yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E7 VW Thing: bought: $8k, total: $12,543, sold: $15,750. Changed the brake drums to discs on the front, fettled the idling on the engine, new plugs, leads & electronic points, replacement thermostat thing in the heater, replacement petrol pump in the heater, refurb the side screens so you can see out of them, refurb the seats. Sold to a chap in Japan.

Dial 999 S1 E36 "head or tails": chap out of clink after 8 years is after the 3 men who put him there, murdering them one by one, considering they still hanged people back then it seems like a poor plan to me.

Having been gifted with 3 bottles of beer, one of which was Old Peculier, I am now pissed.

Britain's Most Historic Towns: Sterling: with that Alice Roberts again.<click>

Thought the interweb was a bit odd this morning: turned out we had a power cut. No wonder it got slow.

Just been looking at photos of Stacia from long long ago. Apparently she kept her kit on for the more recent appearance with Hawkwind.

Thing about pop songs from 1981 on 5. Amusing enough. I can remember one or two.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 May 2023, 08:16.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all (local time 0728)

Blue sky with occasional fluff. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 29 forecast. No rain expected.

Yesterday we did loads and walked for miles. HWMBO revisited the apartment building he used to live in, we had a look at the 9/11 Memorial and I found some scribble on the walls to take photos of.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Thanks. Apparently they've now said that they'll try the antibiotics for three days and if things don't improve, they'll just "make her comfortable" and let things take their course

Comment

Lunch has been chicken and barley soup with a crust of wholemeal

It continues gloomy out, with the ongoing threat of drizzle. I was thinking about when to do the shopping, but it turns out I don't need to do any

Comment

Working...
                      X