• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit odd. Just been updating the privacy policy on my website after switching to the new Google Analytics and found the link I had to GDPR policy - https://www.eugdpr.org/ was taking me to a cosmetic website with a completely different URL. Eh????
    Last edited by xoggoth; 12 May 2023, 20:06.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It appears that our first application to foster has been successful and in a couple of weeks there will be the pitter-patter of tiny feet around the house.

​​​​​​….and on that scary note, TFBSZ.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2022), starring Nicolas Cage as an actor called Nicolas Cage who, though he'd previously found fame with films such as Face/Off, Con Air, and Mandy, is now a washed-up debt-ridden has-been, hoping for a chance to make a comeback… It's self-referentiality all the way down with this one, and none the worse for that

And then a rewatch of the excellent psychological thriller Columbus Circle (2012) which I continue to insist would have been a big hit if one of the producers hadn't been accused of millions of dollars worth of securities fraud, apparently leading the studio to hastily push it straight to video to avoid embarrassment by association

Early night now as I travel south for a hospital visit again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Didn’t sleep too well, so I’ve decided to watch and listen to the dawn chorus.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Sunny.

CBS.

Cool in here at 16.2 deg, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 15.5 deg in the leanto, 12.6 deg in the saltinghouse.

1023 mBar, 30.02 in Hg, 767.3131 Torr, 14.83736 psi, (unchanged), 75% RH (GDR hair), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Polleny. <sneeze>

Meanwhile on the 5th of June 2019 NF visited the dentist & came away duly polished, whilst I took the aforementioned Sharp 40" tv back to Lidl(tm) for a refund.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Lunch: soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly(2) and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The next batches of Chilli con carne and bol duly prepared.

Entertainment: the latter half of Wheeler Dealers S7 E4 BMW 840 V8: bought: £3k5, total: £5040, sold: £5750. Tax ran out May 2010, MOT ran out March 2011.

Tea: spag with some exceptionally meh bol , some peach slices, a yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. Nick wotsit interviewing Penny Mordaunt.

Maigret S1 E5 1960 "The old lady". Didn't like that one much. Seemed to drag somewhat.

The Four Just Men 1960: S1 E19 "The Rietti Group". The one with the fake paratroopers.

Conspiracies thing on Quest: USS Scorpion: was it sunk by the Reds or a hydrogen explosion? Does Planet X/Nibiru exist? Was it really Richard III they buried in Leicester? What and why are all these trainers containing feet washing up along the Pacific Northwest near Vancouver and the Salish Sea?
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 May 2023, 07:27.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

After a grey and rather chilly walk with ll1 yesterday we were sitting in the cafe when the alarm went off and everyone had to leave. Fortunately we had just finished our coffees, unlike some others.
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out again, though in a change of tactics, it should brighten up this afternoon. It's 10°C at the moment and aiming for 17°, while the barometers are continuing to rebound at 1017/1025mB

Comment

Another funny coincidence. Not long after post re fire alarm above, my own fire alarm went off. Couldn't see any reason for it.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Morning all (local time 0837)

Cloudy today. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 26 expected. Very low risk of rain.

Out for lunch later with a former work colleague of HWMBO's.

Comment

Home again after travelling south to take my Dad to visit my Mum in hospital. She was in good form, considering; she reckons the infection is starting to clear up. She's still in pain from the other injuries though. But she was certainly much perkier than the other patients in her bay, although simple evidence of consciousness would be enough to beat most of them

Taking my Dad home, I followed a route he likes to take which involves strange meanderings via the town centre and the Embankment along the river - I suspect it's simply to avoid a right turn into their drive. But it just happens to go past the HQ of the Panacea Society, now the Panacea Museum, so I was able to give a nod to the spirits of Octavia and her followers

Comment

Working...
                      X