• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put some towels in the wash

Comment

Tea: ribs and chips

Comment

It's taken a while, but I've finally remembered to sort out tomorrow's links on Sunday evening rather than having to put them together in a frenzied panic on Monday lunchtime

Comment

The usual Canadian border stuff was on this afternoon, followed by the usual New Zealand traffic cops, though they'd changed the schedule to bunch the two NZ shows together, which is a bit more convenient I suppose

And later, a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

I remembered after this that I've been meaning to watch the new Derren Brown, a filming of his most recent stage show, so I checked and it's only got one more week of availability. So I need to watch that soon

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start, albeit with some of what seems to be that fine, hazy cloud that either clears up or becomes more widespread; the forecast seems to be for both, clearing in the next couple of hours, then clouding over more later. The temperature is 8°C and not getting any higher than 14°, and the barometers are about the same at 1008/1016mB

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Better sleep though WTF the dream about the compressed air feed was about escapes me.

Dry.

Sunnyish.

Blue sky in parts but a bit of a high overcast.

Cool in here at 16.6 deg, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 15.5 deg in the leanto, chilly enough for condensation on the bedroom window.

1018.5 mBar, 30.076 in Hg, 763.94 Torr, 14.772 psi, (up from 1015 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Seems polleny judging by the sneezing & itching.

Meanwhile on the 6th of June 2019 NF took his parents to a garden centre whereas here in Neath it was grey, damp, & not very warm, being Thursday to boot.

Telex machine glowing.

X7 down to that Swansea with another donation of books to Oxfam, including that incredibly tedious Apollo missing missions epic.

Found a pyrex casserole dish in Sainsburys, naturally enough it's bigger than the one I wanted, and much bigger than the other two.

X7 back.

The bedroom window tilt & turn mechanism is playing up. Fecking thing.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWATO.

Some other guff at 13:45 about reporting & suchlike.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 bus out & 34 bus back. Which was good.

Tea: the soup & rice thing, the last of the peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E8 1952 DeSoto Firedome V8 276 cu in. Bought: $12k5, total: $17k, sold: $23k. Rechromed bumpers & other shiny bits, removed the tint film from the windows, changed the 6V battery to an 8V battery (who knew that was a thing?), stripped the engine, removed & refurbed the heads, changed the Carlos Fandango wheels for something more age appropriate in steel with whitewall tyres, added rf receiver & solenoids plus poppers to open the doors rather than leaving a window open.

Digging for Britain. .

Weatherman Walking in some rain forest up north.

NCIS S10 E12 Eyeless in Gaza. Or something. "Fight or Flight".

Car SOS on More4: VW Corrado. Changed back from ratted to unratted. Changed the engine to a turbo version after much potching about trying to turbo the original engine.

Abandoned Engineering. Watched it before: naval hospital, Alabama steel works, Albania.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 May 2023, 22:21.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch has been sausages in finger rolls

Comment

Morning all (local time 1030)

Sunny again. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 24. No cloud.

We had our last night out in NYC yesterday and are now packing to come home. Will land back in blighty tomorrow morning. Back to work on Wednesday (maybe...).

Comment

Working...
                      X