• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so, as the hedgehog of insanity picks up his skirts and runs around the pond of doom, I see it’s TFBSZ.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a clip show, which was an effective way to get me to turn the TV off and spend some time mucking around learning some more about SwiftUI instead - though I mostly learned that I don't understand various aspects of it well enough to do what I was trying to do. Oh well, at least I now know what I need to learn

And on to a new old season of the gold diggers

And as my hotpot took a bit longer than planned, I finished eating that watching a new episode of Traffic Cops. I need to get through this as there's now a new season of Police Interceptors starting too :

And then a bit more SwiftUI, and so to bed to read more of Sam Pepys; which brought me to the 2nd September 1666, and he and his wife have been awoken by one of the maids at three in the morning on account of a great fire in the City

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Up betimes today, as I was awoken by a pressing need to pass water a bit before six. I managed to ignore this for a while, but it eventually became clear that it wasn't going to let me get back to sleep properly, so I decided to make the best of it and see what first thing in the morning looks like nowadays. I'd had a decent night's sleep, so felt reasonably well rested anyway

Turns out it's a sunny start, currently 8°C, maybe reaching 17° this afternoon. It's supposed to be "mostly cloudy" but isn't, casting doubt on the prediction that it will be so later in the day, and the barometers are up at 1017/1025mB

Comment

Morning all
          Sun is out, sky is blue, bags are packed, just need to attend a few meetings.

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday apparently.

Weird dreams again.

Dry.

Sunnyish.

Blue white sky.

Chilly in here at 16.2 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

1026 mBar, 30.29776 in Hg, 769.56 Torr, 14.88 psi (up from 1024 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of June 2019 WTFH offed a squirrel, NF was disposing of trash & bagging up magazines for disposal, whilst I was shocked at the photographic representation in my passport.

Wasted the entire morning surfing the news.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, 2x bramble jelly, 1x marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y.

Thinking of mowing next door's lawn since it's growing rather quickly at the moment.

4 lawns mown: I didn't the other next door's lawn since it doesn't really need it since it doesn't grow all that fast unlike the bottom half of the other next door's which I seeded with something that grows like topsy.

Much much much goosegrass/cleavers uprooted & now drying in the greenhouse to ready it for the next conflagration.

I'll have to leap into action & seed the bottom bit of next door's garden that I dug over last year, but first it needs a touch of levelling out.

The couch grass & the cleavers have been making hay while the sun shines, so I'd better get it done.

Did think of cutting the hedges but couldn't be arsed after all the preceding effort.

Entertainment: bits of The Repaire Shoppe: sign painter's box, animatronic butcher, magician's top hat.

Tea: soup & rice thing again (well it's quick), some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: S12 E10 Rover P5B, a gentleman's motor carriage. Aside from having a Horrible Holley as its carburetter rather than a pair of SUs. Bought: £3,850, total: £6,212, sold: £11k5. Refurbed steering box, new carpets, replaced the exhaust manifolds with headers (at £1600), fixed the seats. The MOT history is somewhat variable. Now MOT free from the looks of it, taxed until June.

Digging for Britain with that Alice Roberts.

The Spock bit of "Star Trek (2009)".

The Bad Skin Clinic S5 E5: woman with a lipoma that returned unbidden after 10 years because the previous surgery didn't remove it all. Woman with hailey hailey disease: treated with naltrexone successfully. Woman with a lipoma on her brow, which it transpires is actually a dermoid cyst. I wonder if there's teeth or hair in there. Removed under GA. We didn't see inside. Woman with a filiform wart. Curious. Treated by making an injury that bleeds, which appears to have kick started her immune response & the wart is shrinking.

Dr Pimplepopper S5 E5: Chap with Darier Disease. Treat with isotretinoin or rather Acitretin which is similar. Good result. Chap with a lump on his brow. It's not a dermoid cyst. It's a pilomatricoma. Haven't seen one of those before. Woman with Neurofibromatosis.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 May 2023, 22:01.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny with fluffy chunks. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 17 expected. The cloud isn't going anywhere but it's also unlikely to rain so that's ok. Barometer is at 1027 mBar.

The journey home yesterday was uneventful and I slept well enough that I was happy to return to work this morning. It's been a busy start but I was caught up on the majority of stuff well before the meetings got going.

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with a bit of wholemeal. Very fine batch of broth that was, and it's a shame that was the last of it

Sainsbury's have done the thing of going back to only selling half-shoulders at the moment, which they seem to do every spring for some reason. I might buy a blade half and a knuckle half and stitch them together

Or I could pop round to the fancy butcher and see if he's got one. It'd be a lot more expensive, but good lamb is worth it

Comment

In between meetings I did a bit of laundry put it out on the washing line.

Comment

Another day with old ladies. Group walk this morning followed by tea in the pub. Then NGS thing with ll2. Why don't I know any blokes except ones who live a long way off?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Packing done, garden pots watered, flight delayed, then not, timesheets done.

Comment

Working...
                      X