• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

This is a sticky topic.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tea: chicken jalfrezi with rice and naan. Very nice


      The car programme was back in the UK for some reason: a Rover P5B, taxed until June. And the gold diggers are still starting their seasons, with the usual varying levels of success.

      After which, I remembered that there's only a few days left of Derren Brown: Showman on All4, so I watched that; excellent, astonishing, and baffling, as he always is

      And so to bed, there to read Sam's account of the Great Fire

      For reference, the cheese he buried in the garden was Parmesan

      Goodnight all


        Morning denizens

        Bright start though with some high thin cloud moderating the sunlight a bit. Currently 12°C, with 18° due later. The barometers are almost unchanged at 1016/1024mB

        The front lawn doesn't seem very busy this morning; just a couple of pigeons and a magpie out and about, and a squirrel went scampering along the line of the hedgerow.






          Blue sky.

          Cool in here at 16.8 deg, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

          1024 mBar, 30.2387 in Hg, 768.1 Torr, 14.852 psi, (unchanged), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

          The recycling and waste disposal engineers made their merry way along the road earlier.

          Meanwhile on the 7th of June 2019 it was dull, dark, grey, and wet almost everywhere.

          The wireless just went <click> as it exceeded the prescribed level of irritation.

          Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

          Lunch: veg soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.56 pints of good Glengettie tea.

          Entertainment: Y&Y Gap Finders, Sliced Bread: alcohol free beers. TWATO.

          Front hedge done, can't understand the bare patches. Rear hedge done. The 3 bushes in the back garden duly hacked about. 3 m^3 of what will eventually turn into another bit of lawn next door duly dug over a bit. There's a bit sign over my head with "MUG" written on it.

          Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%.

          Tea: chilli con carne with rice, the last of the pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

          Entertainment: PM.

          Wheeler Dealers S12 E11 Fiat Uno Panda 4x4, bought: £1331, total: £1k8, sold: £2k5. Another of Edd's curious specials: fixed the wonky gearchange, fitted a sump guard, removed the seats & carpets, fitted seats and 3 point harnesses, fitted a snorkel, painted it lumpy green, painted the wheels orange, went to Germany to get some mud & snow remoulds at £50 each.SORN.

          Freecell score: 100% (of 6), running average: 85%.

          Thing about the Nazca lines which turned out to be far too depressing to bother with, having chopped down 95% of the forest over the last millennium, the current inhabitants are cutting down the remaining 5% to turn it into charcoal. Easter Island syndrome anyone? .
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 May 2023, 21:53.
          When the fun stops, STOP.


            A while ago, I bought some tinned mackerel fillets because of omega 3 or something, I dunno; today, I finally got around to using the ones in tomato sauce in toasties. Nice enough, but I think I'll stick to sardines in future


              Afternoon all

              It's been sunshine and clouds all morning. Currently 18 degrees and it might get up to 19. Rain forecast early evening. Barometer steady at 1027 mBar.

              Frustrating morning. Found out all the data mapping work I'd been pulling my hair out over was all based on a misunderstanding and what was really needed was a data feed that contains it. No need to reverse engineer or reinvent anything. Now I have to have a meeting with the Product Manager first thing to explain it all and work out the impact to the release timeline.


                Lunch has been a freshly-warmed-in-the-oven ciabatta roll filled with some left roast chicken that HWMBO cooked yesterday.


                  Still feeling a bit peckish though, might have some crisps.


                    I also need to do my Q3 VAT return.


                      I hope it doesn't rain this weekend. The lawn is in desperate need of a mow. And the front path is starting to look like a wildnerness