• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering what to do about lunch. I've got lamb remains and veg simmering away in the slow cooker, but there's Scotch broth in the freezer so I might divert that to lamb scouse, in which case I can have that this evening. Or I could make more Scotch broth to have this evening, and have a proper meal now. Decisions, decisions

In the meantime, I just watched Heavens Above! (1963) in which clergyman Peter Sellers is accidentally given the living of a wealthy parish, where he upsets the resident Anglicans by promoting Christian principles

Comment

I've decided scouse will be the way forward, so lunch has been Heinz tomato soup with toast

Comment

Happy Chocolate Day to all you heathens!

Currently 15 degrees and sunny.

Sitting outside and can feel that it isn't summer yet a the wind still has a chill.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

About the same here. A beautiful day. Walked up to the pick your own flowers farm at the top of the hill. Now the house is full of tulip...

Just applied for an appointment for my first Swiss ID card and passport.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The scouse turned out very nice

Not a lot on the box today after the Peter Sellers film; they save the good stuff for non-chocolate days, it seems

But the NZ motorway cops were still allowed on. They must be pretty old programmes though, as they were using breathalysers with actual bags

As it's a Bank Holiday tomorrow, I think I'll watch a film tonight. Just need to decide what

Comment

Mum seemed ok today until she got herself in a state about her friend again and wanted to secure the garage to stop her pilfering. She is still adamant that a knife has been taken and I think I managed to convince her that her friend didn't take a steak knife. However I can't explain why one is missing and it's possible it disappeared a while ago but I can't say.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Not a lot on the box today after the Peter Sellers film
                I saw Mama Mia 2. So much better than the first one.

ladymuck got a call from my mum (83) today. Glad she's still compos mentis. But still as mad as she's ever been.

Meanwhile, my wife has bought a dance course so she can choreograph this years panto what I'm directing. She has no experience, but is amazingly talented at so many things... I'd post the video, but she'd divorce me.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Dad’s had a couple more TIAs, but seems to have recovered fully.

Meanwhile, TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Many Saints of Newark (2021) being the prequel movie to The Sopranos. It's… well, it's OK, but it's a bit too much about relationships and not enough about brutality. Let's face it, the key thing about The Sopranos was the way it commingled both

And then a rewatch of Speed (1994) because that's always the right film to watch, always

And after that another mediocre episode of The West Wing, after which I went to bed, and then remembered I hadn't updated TPD; so now I've done that, maybe I can get to sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X