• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having given the matter due consideration, I've decided I won't go for a takeaway tonight. Not as if I need a big meal after the fry-up earlier

I might go for one tomorrow though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Having given the matter due consideration, I've decided I won't go for a takeaway tonight. Not as if I need a big meal after the fry-up earlier

I might go for one tomorrow though
      Will it be open as it's Easter Sunday?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Will it be open as it's Easter Sunday?
        There's enough takeaways nearby that somewhere is bound to be open

Comment

Tea has been a bit of shepherd's (or cottage) pie out of the freezer

Comment

Today's TV was the usual wildlife stuff, including the orangutan school, and the usual endlessly repeated police stuff

And later, I read a chunk more of qntm's Ra

Early night now, though whether this means anything will get done tomorrow remains to be seen

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Sunday (Easter).

Dry.

Sunny.

Chilly.

Bright.

Chilly in here at 13 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto, 8.8 deg in the salting house.

1017 mBar, 30.032 in Hg, 762.81 Torr, 14.75 psi, (down from 1020 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Yet another unpleasant dream just before waking. Getting bored with this.

Meanwhile on the 21st of May 2019, with 6 days to go before retirement, the ongoing construction frenzy continued, 75 windmills were visible from the lab using the little telescope, NF thought a funny headache was down to hayfever, and a debate continued regarding piles of ancient computer magazines, donation thereof to assorted museums, and such like.

One to beam up, Mr Scott:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/then-now-1...081600693.html

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Someone's cooking bacon out there.

Walk (slightly abbreviated) walked in the sunshine and cold wind.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned & now airing upstairs.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage off iPlayer, the one from Oz, all about the Deep Space Network.

Lunch: Tesco tomato, chickpea & aubergine soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of barely toasted toast (hot bread), red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of really good Glengettie tea.

It's drying well out there today, ready for The Return of The Rain later on this evening.

The cottons required iRoning duly iRoned & now airing over the banisters.

The roller towel & hand towel still grace the line since they're a bit damp.

And, with that, the weekly washing frenzy grinds to an acceptable conclusion.

Getting very overcast, grey, & cold out there now.

Freecell score during the afternoon's ennui of awaiting the drying of the washing: 95%, running average: 85%.

Read bit of latest book.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85%. So WTF is so different today from yesterday's debacle?

Easy30 just flew over again:

https://www.flightradar24.com/EASY30/2fd517f6

. Feck me, now much protection does POTUS need, FFS?

Tea: the first portion of the new batch of chilli con carne, with rice, much betterer than the last lot, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the last ten minutes of "File on 4" which I wish I hadn't heard.

Profile on Alvin Bragg, the NY prosecutor & a Trumpian nemesis. All power to his elbow.

Bits of this that & the other: Dirty Harry, The Repair Shop, thing about Steptoe & Son.

Oh look: how to make magnetic tape, that stuff that no one much makes any more:

https://sbe.org/handbook/fundamental...netic_Tape.pdf

Ball mills, calender rollers, coating machines (a thing 40 yards long & 4 or 5 stories high, ball mills.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 April 2023, 21:35.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

After a restful night's sleep, I awoke at a quarter to seven, probably because of it being light outside. But that was clearly a ridiculous time to be waking on a Sunday, so I went back to sleep until around half eight, and finally got up around nine

Then a lazy start, including a nice long soak in the bath; and now I have coffee and hot cross buns, toasted and buttered

It's sort of a light overcast outside with thin patches, currently 9°C but heading to 15°, and the barometers are down a bit at 1010/1019mB

Comment

Morning all

Another lovely sunny start to the day. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses. Barometer down a touch to 1023 mBar

Not as achy as I thought I'd be, after yesterday's gardening, which is a relief.

Off to see Mum and find that bloody kitchen knife

Comment

Mundane laundry is on

Comment

Working...
                      X