• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One mouse in the attic and one in the understairs store, taking the total to 70 mice.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with hints of sunshine. Damp. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 2) with a high of 8 expected. Showers forecast this afternoon. Barometer down to 1009 mBar.

Slept well, awoke relatively early, still tired.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Turns out it's a telephone appointment, this morning but any time from 8:30 onwards. So I just have to wait for their call, and if it comes during standup, so be it
        They called, and it was all very trivial. I have an annual blood test which is, if anything, a few weeks overdue, and the previous surgery rang last week to arrange it. When I told them I was in the throes of leaving, they abandoned all responsibility; fair enough. But the GP who phoned had spotted it and has booked me in - though not until the end of the month, which seems a long time for a mundane appointment with the nurse. But it's the university health centre, so I daresay they won't be as busy once all the students have been prescribed their Valium for the summer exam period

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Dry.

Chilly in here at 10.8 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto, 7.2 deg in the salting house.

1006 mBar, 29.7071 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Telex machine doing its thing.

Meanwhile on StarWars(tm) day 2019 NF was down for breakfast at 10 to 7 in the morning at the Premier Inn in that London.

And just as I'm about to go shopping, down comes the rain. Ho hum. .

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on toast, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y which went <click> for the bit where some Esteemed Customer was relating how he gambled away his spring term loan in a day. A chap from Cardiff whose flat has been registered for that VAT by hundreds of Chinese scammers (other varieties of scammer are available). Now being chased by HMRC and debt collectors.

Shopping trip to Tesco via the X7, the 38, and the 204 done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. Just enough time between the 38 arriving and the 204 arriving to do the shop, such as it is.

Freecell score: 93%, running average 85% (85.125%).

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, the last of the melon slices, a yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler dealers S9 E3 2000 BMW M5: bought: £4k, total: £, sold: £. MOT ran out Jan 2021, currently SORN.

Who do you think you are? Olivia Colman. It was on. That about sums it up.

Archaeology: a secret history. tedious beyond endurance, hence: <click>

Oak Island nutjobbery: the end, thank feck, is nigh: S9 E24 "On the road". Yellow fecking bricks & all.

Some of them are still in Portugal. Marty is driving a minidigger as they have permission to excavate the possible cobblestone road in the headland near the moneypit.

The Portugal Templar visit bollox is even more tedious than usual.

Feck me, I've lost the will to live. "This week we ain't found tulipe" right enough. Not even fecking wood FFS.

NCIS S19 E2 "Nearly departed". Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs. .

Panorama on that notable Autist who bought twatter.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 March 2023, 23:06.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been a roast beef butty

Comment

Links are up

Comment

The binoculars arrived!

Just had a good hard look at a collared dove in a tree a few gardens away out the back

Comment

While frying, I noticed that the filter in the cooker hood was looking rather grungy. So I dug out the manual, and opened the machine up to measure the existing one, and ordered some replacement filter sheets off Amazon. It turns out these things aren't manufactured to any kind of industry standard sizing so I'll have to cut the sheet down to size myself, like an animal
                  The replacement filters were delivered this afternoon, so I just went to fit a new one. Having taken down the relevant bit of the extractor hood, I carefully examined the old filter in situ, to see if there was a correct way round. This revealed the words "Visible Side" repeated numerous times across the side that was not visible when the thing is assembled

I concluded from this that it probably doesn't matter much, as the thing was well greasy. Anyway, the replacement doesn't have any such text. So I just chose a side at random

Comment

The binoculars arrived!

Just had a good hard look at a collared dove in a tree a few gardens away out the back
                    Surely that should be rather than

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Surely that should be rather than
                      Yes, I realised that later

Comment

Working...
                      X