• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

snow
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Darn snowy snow. Dunno if to go out this morning.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, supposedly with snow flurries, though there aren't any happening that I can see from here and there's no snow on the ground or cars. Currently 0°C, due to get to 3° by lunchtime, and the barometers are down some more at 981/989mB

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday. (Took me about 5 minutes to work that out).

Couldn't understand why the bed was uncomfortable last night, then discovered there was a dolly peg under the fitted sheet.

Dark.

Dank.

Snowing.

Sunless.

Grey where it isn't fecking white.

Cold in here at 10.5 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 6 deg in the leanto, not bothering to look in the salting house.

988 mBar, 29.17 in Hg, 741.06 Torr, 14.33 psi, (down from 995 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 5th of May 2019 the Super Monkey Car was nicked, much to the distress of the assembled congregation, whilst I related the trauma of walking out of the Castle Cinema in Swansea to find Strangelove Snr's F reg Ford Zodiac had been nicked. In other news of that time the idle **** next door couldn't possibly face mowing the lawn and had taken to his bed. . You can imagine the depths of my sympathy. .

Freecell score in the cold snowy ennui of the morning: 67%, running average 85%. WTF?

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons oat and barley toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91*1.57 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWATO. Until it became unbearable.

The snow has melted. Which is good.

Rain.

Lumpy rain.

Sleet.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 85%. Bit better this afternoon.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E5: 1975 Porsche 914 barnfind: bought: £4k, total: £5310, sold (back to the farmer they bought it from):£8250.

Polished the wheels & bodywork, washed & dried the carpets, removed the rodent infestation in the glove box, refurbished the engine ancillaries so the engine actually worked, repainted the targa top, replaced the vinyl on the b pillars, replaced the vinyl seat covers.

SORN since 2012. It passed one MOT and is now presumably back in the barn whence it came, under a cover and full of mice.

Who do you think you are? Boy George. . There were words but they were muted.

The Repaire Shoppe: leather keepsake box, toy speedboat model of Donald Campbell's "Bluebird", chair, tortoise pouffe. Ooooer, mrs.

Read more of a tedious book to relieve the ongoing ennui of the evening. It didn't work very well.

Mach a Seo: Eigg: looks like an inneresting place to visit. But don't take your car. Singing Sands. Fully carbon free electricity from sun, wind, & water: currently (see wot I did there? ) cheaper than mainland electricity. .

Having drunk all the stuff I like drinking I'm now drinking stuff that I don't like drinking: some "Bullet" whisky or bourbon or whatever. I'll have got used to the taste by the time it's nearly gone, though I never did get much of a liking for Jim Beam or Jack Daniels, all of which were presents.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 March 2023, 22:52.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Snowing . It wasn't when I got up this morning, just a light dusting on my car and grass. Currently 2 degrees ('feels like' -2) with a high of 3 expected. 80-90% chance of snowy precipitation all day today. Barometer down to 993 mBar.

Rubbish night's sleep. Was awake around 0330 coughing (a dry, non productive cough) and then again later but I didn't look at the clock. I was then asked at 0830, just as I was thinking about getting out of bed, by one of the report developers to have a catch up over an issue I'd been looking at last night then straight onto stand up.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Windsor chair, pattern 877 on page 37 of

https://www.ercol.com/application/fi...logue_1993.pdf
            Nice design. I have no need of that style of seating else I'd have enquired about sending a man and a van round

Comment

Lunch: sardine (olive oil) toasties

And the curtains are up!

The "flurries" have turned into continuous snow, though it does blow about in the breeze a lot giving it a flurried appearance, but it's not settling even slightly - well, not so far

Comment

This morning's snow flurry seems to have given way to rain. Very fine rain at that. Probably very icy out so I won't go there.

Comment

Tea: chicken madras with rice and naan

I burned the naan a little, as the grill in this oven seems considerably more powerful than the one at the old place

It's down to 0°C out and the snow has started settling on the cars and lawns outside

The drive/private road is still clear, but as it was very wet from the snow in the day, I would imagine it's pretty icy. But I don't need to go anywhere tonight so that's OK

Comment

The car earlier was a Porsche 914, which they ended up selling back to the bloke they bought it from. Currently SORN

And the gold diggers are mostly in the usual mid-season state of looking like they'll fail to meet their targets.

Later, S1E2 of the AppleTV+ series Severance, which continues to be intriguing

And then a further chapter of the saga of Octavia and her band of true believers.

Early night now, as the now-settled snow will probably wake me early by making outside much brighter than usual

Goodnight all

Comment

75-19 (I think)

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X