• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts.

Sunny.

Colder again at 12.2 deg in here, 12 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto, where The Plant didn't like the recent cold spell and has decided to die.

1014 mBar, 29.9434 in Hg, 760.563 Torr, 14.71 psi, (up from 1004 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 71% (Lild electrick).

Meanwhile on the 31st of March 2019 there was much discussion of baking cakes, listing a recipe, while "Final Score" was watched and proved quite acceptable, plus some mention of dementia & such like.

Walk (abbreviated due to inclemency of the weather) walked.

Despite the sunshine & blue sky, a quick glimpse down the valley revealed some very dark clouds on their way and the umbrella proved useful.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on 3 slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.62 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some nonsense on R4 about gurus. No metal gurus were mentioned.

Now some nonsense about light boxes (anti SAD).

Ghosts Xmas Ep on iPlayer since I forgot all about it yesterday whilst watching 1960s & 70s musical nonsense on some other channel.

The 2nd half of The Canterville Ghost on 5.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, some peach halves, a yog, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NCIS S17 E11 "In the wind": the final ep with Ziva.

Songs of the 60s on that's TV. Mostly best forgotten.

Some UFO bollox on Blaze.

An even shorter portion of The Xmas Lectures on BBC4.

The Repair Shoppe on BBC1: the saddest artificial Xmas tree ever at 100 years old, 8mm projector, a bar (presumably alcoholic type) made of chipboard that's got wet. It came up rather well. Silvered trombone from the 1940s. A Santa. Judging by the trees outside this was made in the fierce heat of summer, they must have been cooking in those thick jackets. . Eating all those mince pies must have been fun. .

NCIS S17 E15 "Lonely Hearts": the dating ap one with Phil, Gibbs' mate.

Thing on BBC Alba about Scotland in Cinema. I'd thought this evening's ep hadn't mentioned "Highlander" but they did that last week, along with the Bond film where M pegs it. Available on iPlayer of course.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 December 2022, 00:09.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

One of the presents I got The WifeTM was a Green Feathers bird box & camera. It has now been successfully located and is now broadcasting. As a reward, I’m going to walk The DogTW to a local establishment where we shall partake of liquid refreshment.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Waterstone’s sale has been visited and bookshelves are now weighed down with books I will hopefully get round to reading.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Home again!

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Not sure what the day holds, though I daresay lunch with the parents before heading home is likely
          Sadly not. Usually our Mum makes a roast beef dinner for our Boxing Day lunch, but she's not really up to it any more

And I usually stay at theirs on Christmas Night but stayed at my sister's instead, as both parents were worn out by teatime and had to go home, and if I'd said I was going to turn up later they probably would have felt the need to stay up until I got in, and they really needed to rest

And finally, my nieces wanted to get away this morning as one of them has to be back at work tomorrow, so today's their only chance to see other people up where they used to live.

My journey there and back has changed now I'm a quarter turn around the city, taking me past Crouch Recovery's HQ (as seen on the Channel 5 hit show Trucking Hell) out at Kibworth. Just before reaching it today, we all pulled over to let an ambulance on blue lights down the middle of road, and there was a heron standing on the verge which took off just as I drew up next to it

And then I stopped off at the Big Sainsbury's in a nearby town that's really a suburb (which isn't as big as the usual Big Sainsbury's but is big enough) and picked up a joint of beef which I shall roast later, thus retaining some vestige of Boxing Day tradition. Their TTD beef roasting joints are half price at the moment, so it was a bargain too

Next up: coffee is brewing as I didn't get around to having any down south, and I'm considering whether to have biscuits or just get stuck straight in to the Quality Street

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Token healthy eating: a bowl of Scotch broth with a crust of wholemeal

Comment

Waitrose Christmas Chocolate Selection? Oh, go on then

Comment

I've decided not to bother roasting the beef tonight. I have no Yorkshire puds for a start, and can't be bothered to either go out and buy some or make some myself. I'm also not really hungry enough for a roast dinner, possibly due to Christmas chocolate and crisp consumption. And finally, I feel a bit under the weather; maybe a cold, maybe Plague, or maybe the consequences of yesterday's beer and wine consumption.

Not sure what I will have, but I suspect it might be some of the roast chicken from the other day with a few potato wedges

Comment

You can't have Yorkshire's with a Christmas dinner! But if it's a day late Sunday roast then that's ok.

Mum and I were having a lazy morning and then my brother turned up. He was expected, to drop off gifts that I opted not not carry home in the rain last night. What wasn't expected was his father in law blowing a tyre, right outside a tyre garage, and not being able to get his car home. As they both have Hondas the plan was: my brother takes a wheel off his car, I drive him to the stricken car to swap his wheel for the blown one, he drives said car back to his father in law's house and I go back to my Mum's while my brother puts the wheel back on his car. The plan was successfully executed. I then took Mum to Tesco, made us a late lunch then drove home. It was a very good drive.

Since getting home I have watched OC, the King's speech and Ghosts. Now watching (live!) The Big Fat Quiz of the Year on C4.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Not sure what I will have, but I suspect it might be some of the roast chicken from the other day with a few potato wedges
                      As it was foretold, along with ketchup - and also pigs in blankets, for I find it hard to stop myself buying them when available and as a result now have quite a few that need to be used up

Comment

Working...
                      X