• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loony lady 1 walk. Blue sky this morning, cloudier at lunchtime, now back to blue again.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Calm outside, but we've battened down the hatches.
      Supposed to be going to up to Buckingham tomorrow morning. That may have to wait.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've sorted out the recycling, taken it down, and trundled the bin as it was full. It's fairly calm out there at the moment, though not for long…

Comment

It's currently calm here in scotlandshire.

HWMBO is cooking dinner and the kids are out at various activities.

Comment

Tea has been chicken casserole with chips and peas. It's a really nice casserole, that; very oniony

The weather isn't here yet but looking at the radar, it seems the leading edge should be arriving in half-an-hour or so

Comment

Bins moved to sheltered locations, one car moved as well. Pressure dropping.

Comment

Teatime viewing was the latest episode of 24 Hours in A&E

And I forgot that last night I'd watched E1 of This is Going to Hurt but iPlayer reminded me, so I watched E2. It's pretty good

Finally, an extended S5 episode of The Repair Shop

Rain, or at least drizzle, has arrived, though not too much of it so far. And the trees are, if anything, even stiller than they were earlier. But maybe it'll get worse soon

Early night now as I have to rescue the recycling bin first thing tomorrow, assuming it hasn't blown away

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Curiously dry.

A tad windy, what?

Sunless.

Chilly at 12.8 deg in here.

08:52: 985 mBar, 29.08 in Hg, 738.8 Torr, 14.29 psi, (down from 1000mBar last night), 68% RH.

Friday.

Washing frenzy is on hold until later.

09:00: 984.5 mBar.

09:45: 981.5 mBar.

10:30: 982.5 mBar.

11:52: 991 mBar.

12:44: 994 mBar.

13:10: 995 mBar.

13:45: 997 mBar

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...face-pressure/

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Walk (unabbreviated & extended to Morrisons to a) return a trolley from the Gnoll and b) buy the stuff I forgot the day before yesterday).

15:35: 1000 mBar.

Still windy.

Sunny for the walk, started snowing FFS on the way back from Morrisons.

Now grey verging on light black.

The washing frenzy has begun. Better late than never.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of WM and into TD.

Shirts into WM.

Smalls out of TD. (Part one)

Shirts into TD.

Cottons into WM.

Tea:Tesco breaded chunky haddock, some sliced peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Robert Taylor.

Shirts out of the TD.

Smalls into the TD.

Smalls out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Entertainment: Quantum Leap S5 E4 "Nowhere to run" the paraplegic one.

Apparently Jennifer Aniston was in this one, not that I recognised her.

Shirts roughly ironed whilst watching the above.

CFL went in the upstairs hall light. The new one made a very funny noise when first switched on but no smoke was emitted. We'll find out how long it lasts.

20:45: 1008 mBar.

Entertainment: Medical Detectives S7 E3: diatoms.

Strange Things: Antikythera Mechanism, Pigeon guided bomb, Roman nanotech.

More bollox about Alaskan UFOs, the Black Pyramid, etc.

Made a change from Bab5.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 February 2022, 23:06.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Snowing. An inch on parked cars but not really laying. Snow/sleet expected off and on for most of the day. Little wind. Currently 1 degree ('feels like' -2) with a high of 3 expected.

Rubbish night's sleep. May take the afternoon off.

Comment

Working...
                      X