• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty roads + tail wind = easy drive

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Resident Evil: Retribution (2012) which isn't very good. I suspect that it's the least good of the six films of this ilk, though I can't be sure until I've watched the sixth

And then I returned to the recent nautical theme with a rewatch of The Perfect Storm (2000). One does wonder why fishermen even bother, given that they could presumably take a train somewhere and beg in a doorway, which isn't exactly optimal but does seem like a safer option

Anyway, it's not for me to judge.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning - could have posted this before Nick went to bed but I had to get milk from the corner shop.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And a merry 504 to you all.

Morning.

Wet.

Windy.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 11.8 deg.

1007 mBar, 29.766 in Hg, 756 Torr, 14.62 psi at 09:00 (down from 1010 mBar last night), 67% RH.

Saturday.

Power cut at about 04:15ish.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the brisk semigale.

14:30: 1007 mBar.

House roughly vacced.

Leanto floor washed & by gum did it need it.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens: Galactic Keyhole: Sardinia: and lo! who appears? One of the Oak Island nutjobs (Marty) as large as life & twice as ugly.

Tea: spag with that fiery bol that's festered in the freezer for a week: much more satisfying than last week's experience, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "In business".

"No Hiding Place: Dead Ringer": another of those 1950s/60s epics where all the cops were unbent, though probably not quite as unbent as dear old George Dixon.

On the Freecell front, the Win7 version on this box allows unlimited Ctrl-Z, all the way back to the start of the game, so for most games it's relatively easy, thusly: Wins: 100% of a lot, Running Average: 85.45% & rising.

The games that screw it up are the really hard ones.

Entertainment: Bab5 S4 E13 "Rumours, Bargains, and Lies".Membari civil war thing.

Bab5 S4 E14 "Moments of Transition": Membari civil thing resolved.

Bab5 S4 E15 "No Surrender, no Retreat": independence has its costs, sometimes you have to make a stand.

Bab5 S4 E16 "The exercise of vital powers": Garibaldi on Mars, what to do with the Teeps that the Shadows modified.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 February 2022, 22:59.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Sunny with fluff that will give way to rain later. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 3) with a high of 7.

HWMBO and I went out for a very nice dinner yesterday and I'm hungover.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, but lacking the stormy quality that makes such a thing mildly interesting. Currently at 8°C, and there's a chance of drizzle just to add a bit of variety. Barometers are bouncing back at 992/1000mB

As if trying to decide what to have for dinner today wasn't bad enough, I'm now being hassled to decide what I want for dinner tomorrow, as we're having a belated get-together for my Dad's 90th which involves a Thai takeaway - well, assuming negative LFTs, that is; we already have two fallen by the wayside due to having the disease du jour. I don't really have any experience with Thai food, but I'm sure picking something pretty much at random off a PDF menu will turn out fine

Comment

I don't really have any experience with Thai food
                  Like Indian with added aftershave.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Like Indian with added aftershave.
                    Yum!

Comment

In the other Chinese

Comment

Working...
                      X