• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausage and bacon cob for lunch

No sauce, because I like the flavour of these sausages - and of the bacon, come to that

Comment

Just realised I didn't post the weather here earlier

Currently 6°C but "feels like" -2°, wind 32mph, just stopped raining, 983/991mB

Comment

That storm was a bit overblown. Few branches on verges and lots of twigs and bits of rotted branches on road but no problem when went shopping.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Went for a walk lunchtime.

Windchill and wind high, my baseball cap (keeping rain out of my eyes) and headphone combination regularly tried to leave my head.

Wheelie bins were being blown across gardens moving many feet until they dug in or hit something, I reckon a few cars will be damaged. Rotten twigs / branches falling.

Its not as bad as 1987 as I remember it, we were out with chainsaws clearing roads of fallen trees then.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            That storm was a bit overblown. Few branches on verges and lots of twigs and bits of rotted branches on road but no problem when went shopping.
            Nothing particularly drastic seems to have happened here either

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              The washing frenzy has begun. Better late than never.
              Ah, that's what I forgot to do in the excitement of watching Big Jet TV! Better get it on now

Comment

Mundane laundry done and draped

Comment

I must admit, due to these strong winds I am very concerned about the caravan on my front drive and the trampoline in my back garden.

Yesterday I didn't even have a caravan or a trampoline.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    I must admit, due to these strong winds I am very concerned about the caravan on my front drive and the trampoline in my back garden.

Yesterday I didn't even have a caravan or a trampoline.
                    I remember next door but one's trampoline taking off, flying across next door's garden & landing next to one of the cars, might have been the Fiat Seicento, or possibly the Corolla.

I'd peered out of the window & thought it looked a bit odd down the bottom of the garden & so it proved.

Though not as odd as when the dying alder tree blew over and landed on the end of the carport some years later.

That was because the wind was blowing down the valley, boyo, rather than up the valley as is more usual.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been roast gammon, chips, fried eggs and beans. Very nice

Wind's down to 19mph here now, having reached 32mph in the afternoon

Comment

Working...
                      X