• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWMBO cooked shakshuka for brunch with some very tasty merguez sausages from the local butcher.

Dinner was sea bream with roasted Jerusalem artichokes harvested on Skye.

The hangover has passed so we started the evening with a couple of paloma cocktails and are now on a very nice Portuguese red.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      In the other Chinese
      And very nice too

Comment

The road outside sounds wet as cars go past. I presume this means it is or has been raining.

Comment

TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's motion picture premiere has been Equilibrium (2002), set in a future where feelings are outlawed, with all the complications that would entail. It's OK as these dystopian things go, though the numerous fight scenes are blatant copies of The Matrix's style (but without as many expensive special effects).

Early night now, as tomorrow I head south for the delayed family gathering to mark my Dad's 90th birthday

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ Happy Birthday to Mr Fitz Snr.

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Wet.

Windy.

Sunless.

Cold at 12.8 deg in here.

09:00: 1005 mBar, 29.677 in Hg, 753.8 Torr, 14.57 psi, 67% RH.

Sunday. Is it teatime already? Feels like it to my soul.

One was most impressed that a search for electronics jobs in Swansea turned up opportunities for frostbite in Antarctica.

About 30 years ago I worked with a chap who'd spent some time in the Antarctic Survey.

He appeared to have retained all his digits.

Dunno about the toes though.

13:00: 1001 mBar.

Freecell score: 100% (of 4), running average 84%.

Lunch: Brain's faggots with peas etc. a red corner yog, another yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "The unbelievable truth", Food prog about coffee, TW@O.

Bab5 S4 E17 "the face of the enemy": Garibaldi rats out Sheridan.

Bab5 S4 E18 "Intersections in real time": attempt to brainwash Sheridan.

Tea: baked potato with grated cheese and baked beans, a yog, a bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Bab5 S4 E19 "Between the darkness & the light": Ivanova leads the fleet into batter & Garibaldi to the rescue.

Bab5 S4 E20 "Endgame": the fleet approaches the endgame. Odd that.

Bab5 S4 E21 "Rising Star": the glories of victory.

"Me, My brother, and our balls": male infertility on BBC3.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 February 2022, 22:06.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Up and almost ready to start getting ready to head south, once I've had my coffee and some toast

Grey day out with occasional drizzle, I think, but fairly mild at 11°C, possibly getting to 13° - though not at my destination, it seems, where it'll stick at 12°. Barometers essentially unchanged at 992/999mB

Just done my LFT, so waiting for that to demonstrate that I'm fit for mingling

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  ^^^ Happy Birthday to Mr Fitz Snr.
                  Cheers! It was actually before Christmas, but my nieces had been to the Caribbean (one of them works in the travel industry and got a free trip for being employee of the month or some such) and had to quarantine for a few days on their return, so we couldn't all get together at the time

Comment

Couple of rounds of buttered wholemeal toast to fortify me for the journey

Suppose I should start getting ready to go…

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but currently dry. Rain expected later. It's 9 degrees ('feels like' 6) and that's the high for the day.

Nice lazy start to the day and the laziness will probably continue!

Comment

Working...
                      X