• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was The Last Duel (2021) which is about mediaeval French shenanigans. It's pretty good, but a bit longwinded; one of those where you don't mind having watched it but you probably won't bother with it again

In which respect it differs from Deepwater Horizon (2016) which is always a good reminder of what a pack of bastards BP are, something which even the Government now seems to have realised; after which I turned to In Time (2011), though I suspect HMG hasn't yet taken on board its message about what a pack of bastards capitalists are

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all blue skies and sunshine out, I expect some of the day will be spent gardening
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 11.9 deg. Brrrr.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (down from 1019.5 mBar last night), 68% RH.

Sunday. My soul is dark & it's nowhere near teatime yet.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the surprisingly mild morn with added sunshine.

The assorted horsies seem rather pleased with the morning's weather.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans (again: I couldn't be arsed to cook), a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettei tea.

Entertainment: Bab5 S5 E10 "A tragedy of telepaths": things are not going well for Byron & his merry band.

Bab5 S5 E11 "Phoenix Rising": the above with knobs, bells & whistles on. Bester is pissed off again.

Bab5 S5 E12 "The ragged edge": Garibaldi on a hunt to find the pirates.

Bab5 S5 E13 "The corps is the father, the corps is the mother": Bester centric Psi Cops one.

Bits of "Deep Purple live with the London Philharmonic (1999)".

Bits of "The ship that changed the world": some Scandinavian wreck from whay back when.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 February 2022, 20:31.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Beautiful blue sky and not a cloud to be seen from my vantage point. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 6) with a high of 10 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer at 1025 mBar.

Slept very well but woke up very thirsty.

Lots of laundry to be done today. First load is smalls and tops.

Comment

Well the lovely window weather is continuing.

Not sure why today's high is 10 as I can inky see a top temperature of 9.

The supermarket was pleasantly empty when I visited it
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The WM bleated at me quite some time ago that it was done but I've only just emptied it.

Second load in - dresses and a cardigan I missed from the first load.

Comment

Inside No. 9 on BBC iPlayer is a good series.

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If anyone is sick of news at moment Benny Hill had a good solution.

Mind you, as most watch news on TV or online these days you'd have to stick your fingers in your eyes as well.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny day out, and reasonably mild at 11°C. Barometers down a bit though, at 1003/1011mB

Comment

Working...
                      X