• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely pink sunset.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

A bitter breeze and it snowed at lunch time. Too wet for it to settle thanks goodness. The overnight temperature looks warm enough that that pavements shouldn't turn into ice rinks.

Trying to decide what to do for dinner. Am not feeling inclined to go out.

Comment

Really nice tea: steak and ale casserole, with chips and peas

Comment

A check of the recycling bin as I headed out for my walk this afternoon revealed that it was nearly full (loads of room if one had squashed stuff down a bit, mind) so I just gathered my recycling in a carrier bag (we're allowed to use them in recycling here), took it down to top the bin off, and trundled it forth

No rain or snow now and clear skies, but the wind is absolutely bitter

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

For viewing whilst dining, a new episode of Traffic Cops had been made available

And after, the next episode (E4) of This is Going to Hurt.

Finally, despite already having several series on the go and starting to get confused without a TV scheduler to dole them out to me at a set time every week, I started on yet another: S1E1 of In The Flesh, in which a zombie uprising has been successfully overcome and, as a palliative treatment is available, attempts are being made to reintegrate those still with Partially Deceased Syndrome back into wider society; but they face prejudice from so-called normal people, aka The Living. Apparently this was the sequel series to one about the uprising itself which is no longer on iPlayer. I thought it was pretty good, and will continue with it, assuming iPlayer reminds me

Better get to sleep now as I have a bin to fetch back in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky and chucks of fluff about. Currently 4 degrees ('feels like' 0) with a high of 9 later. Breezy. No increase of cloud cover showing on my weather app so I'm confused by it's claim that there's a 90% chance of precipitation.

I did venture outside for dinner last night. Went to a Japanese place just up the road, and very nice it was too. It was an izakaya rather than sushi restaurant.

Comment

Having woken up early (and The WifeTM being away), The DogTW and I decided to go to the beach.

Clear blue skies, sunshine, a gentle breeze, and a very enjoyable walk. Now to do a few hours work.

TFIF, etc

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

UnGrey.

UnWet.

Cold in here at 11.9 deg.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, (up from 1017 mBar last night), 69% RH.

Friday.

Washing frenzy commenced: smalls in the WM.

The BBC seems to have a hardon for war.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the first pass in the TD.

Shirts out of the WM & into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Shirts out of the TD.

Smalls back in the TD.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Smalls out of the TD & airing upstairs.

Cottons out of the WM and in the TD.

Shirts roughly iRoned, in the salting house it being warmer this week than last & the washing having commenced at its more usual time of 08:30ish than last week's midday or so.

Cottons out of the TD & airing upstairs.

Even iRoned the pillow slips which I've never done before &, to be fair, does make them look rather betterer.

Freecell score (other box): 100%, running average 84% (84.3 something% while it's 86% & climbing on this box).

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entetainment: Discovering Julie Christie.

Quantum Leap S5 E "Trilogy Part II".

Bab5 S5 E11 "Secrets of the Soul". S5 is not progressing well. A season too far.

Secret Things on Blaze: the usual bollox, this time including an Enigma Machine and Egyptian hieroglyphics depicting a helicopter & a light bulb. Yeah, right.

More UFO bollox on Quest "Roswell: The Final Verdict": more of that AI lie detector bollox.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 February 2022, 22:30.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X