• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny out but a bit breezy, and the forecast is for it to get cloudy soon and much windier thereafter, so I should probably enjoy it while it lasts. Mind you, the open sky means it's a bit colder at 9°C, and not getting any better than 10° even with the cloud; and rain expected overnight. Barometers are somewhat up again at 1010/1018mB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Hello Leicester!

Goodbye Leicester!

Comment

I bought some "ripe and ready" nectarines the other week which have just been sitting in the fridge because I keep forgetting they're there. So I gave one a try and though it was rather past its best, it was still quite nice

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It's grey out now and getting breezy. There were a few spots of rain early on, so I ended up deploying the woolly hat to supplement the scarf, but then the rain fizzled out before getting started. And now I'm back, it seems to be brightening up slightly

Comment

Lunch: Chinese leftovers

Comment

Nasty, very: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-b2020157.html

Take care of your noodles.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Nasty, very: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-b2020157.html

Take care of your noodles.

No noodles this time, and I'm always careful to freeze leftover rice ASAP then defrost it quickly in the microwave

Comment

Today's Google Streetview oddity. Beware the giant old lady ghost!

https://www.google.com/maps/@50.9979...!7i4608!8i2304

Looks like somebody's sticking a hand up her tea shirt!
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 23 February 2022, 16:49.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Nice lunch at a Vietnamese place on Byard Lane. Much work done but managed to finish at a decent time.

Hotel is ok. Some annoying niggles but nothing insurmountable. Room service for dinner as I am too lazy to go out again. A "side" of chips is a whole heaped dinner plate full.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      A "side" of chips is a whole heaped dinner plate full.
                      As it should be

Tea here has been lamb chops, cooked in the Remoska, with chips, peas and gravy. Very tasty

Accompanied by the new episode of 24 Hours in A&E which features (spoiler alert) that old favourite, the bloke who's crashed his motorbike and whose partner is pregnant

Comment

Working...
                      X