• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project meeting has been had, and Max produced a good plan, which I filed in the red filing cabinet.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea has been a pork cutlet with chips and beans

Accompanied by a new episode of Traffic Cops

Comment

Later viewing was part two of The Space Shuttle That Fell to Earth. I get why NASA has very rigid, data-driven procedures, but some of the stuff in here looked a lot more like managers not wanting to stick their heads above the parapet

Early(ish) night now in the hope that the lurgy dies back a bit overnight

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Tea has been a pork cutlet with chips and beans

Accompanied by a new episode of Traffic Cops
          Proper chips or oven chips?

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start again, and actually getting darker than it was when I got up. I was going to say that at least it's not raining, but it's expected to start about now and continue for the rest of the day. Rather breezy too. It's mild enough, at 9°C - but that's the high for the day, heading down to 5° by teatime and colder still overnight. The barometers are well down at 970/978mB

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Proper chips or oven chips?
              Just oven chips this time. The deep fat fryer needs a service, which I really must get around to doing soon

Comment

Morning all
                Got soaked to the skin on our walk earlier - a torrential downpour blew through for 20 minutes.
                Now drying off as the weather improves.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet. Hammering down earlier. The river is looking rather full. And it's almost low tide.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

981 mBar, 28.9689 in Hg, 735.8 Torr, 14.228 psi, (down from 993 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 31st of August 2019 there was discussion of appearances on streetview, one and a half films with that Clinton Eastwood were watched, and Ginsters supplied my lunch.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

Walk timed exactlywrong: the rain began as I walked out of the door & I gave up after 15 minutes.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: A good read. Noon News <click>

NZ customs. Antlers.

Canadian customs <click>

Oz Customs: British chap, visiting his brother who's recently lost his wife, with a year's probation gets turned back, while a Black American chap who'd served 12 years inside gets let in. Odd. Usual chinese "food".

Sun came out, went for another walk, got about halfway when the sun went behind a big black cloud so I came back. It's colder out there.

Tea: chilli con carne: hasn't improved much during its brief sojourn in the freezer.

Entertainment: PM.

"The Shape of Things To Come (1936)". Wander Wander Wander, no one survives the Wandering Sickness.

Dan Do.

"The Shape" continued.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86%.

Trucking Hell S8 E4.

Car SOS S11 E5 Renault Alpine GTA.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 February 2024, 20:19.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull. Wet. Raining. Currently 12 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer down to 983 mBar and falling.

Yesterday the garage said that there was nothing wrong with my car and that it had just gotten damp inside although they couldn't find any faulty seals. So they cleaned out the various drainage holes and left it at that. No charge. Apparently I need to get a little dehumidifier as otherwise it'll take a few months to dry out.

Comment

Lunch has been pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce, and a bag of plain crisps

It's rained heavily for much of the morning, but seems to have stopped for now

Comment

Working...
                      X