• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much rain so far today. Still persisting it down.

Laundry being done.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Much rain so far today. Still persisting it down.

Laundry being done.
      Reminded me:
      Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
      Pishing down...

Constantly....

Without pause....

For hours...

Actually it seems like for days....

It is cold... wet and miserable...

I believe the sweaties would say dreich...
      I am not a happy bunny.... This is just miserable :-(

I'm supposed to have a man round tomorrow to sort out some fencing.
      He was due earlier in the week but other jobs have been delayed because it's been so f**king miserable - I am not counting my chickens on him actually arriving tomorrow.

Comment

I had another voucher for £12 off a Sainsbury's delivery over £60 which it seemed a shame to waste, so a delivery has just arrived

When the guy rang the bell, I said "I'll be right down" over the intercom but he said "No, don't worry, I'll bring it up to you." That's good of him, I thought, and waited by the flat door with my bags - and he came up the stairs, having carried two of those big delivery boxes full of stuff up to the third floor!

Impressed, I said "I expected you to be in the lift." He looked at me, said "There's a lift?!" and burst out laughing, albeit rather breathlessly

Comment

Checked the temps in Italy for next week, pleasant enough for this time of year. Might check to see where the nearest Alfa dealer is to the office I’m going to.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea tonight was pork steaks with chips and beans, which in all material respects is exactly the same as yesterday. Bad planning on my part was to blame, but it was still nice enough

And that was accompanied by an episode of the C4 thing about police night shifts in Brighton

Later viewing was part three, the final part, of The Space Shuttle That Fell to Earth

Finally, I read a bit more of The Darkroom

Friday tomorrow! About time too!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              TFIF, Etc

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start, albeit with some big patches that range from wispy to fluffy. It seems they will gain the upper hand soon and it'll be cloudy later. Currently just 3°C and not getting any higher than 7°, with the barometers only very slightly up at 971/979mB

Friday!

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Greyish.

Vague signs of sun.

Chilly in here at 13 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

984 mBar, 29.0575 in Hg, 738.06 Torr, 14.2717 psi, (up from 982 last night, yesterday's min being 979), 75% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of September 2019 it was getting less hot, the remainder of "Coogan's Bluff (1968)" was watched, and NF changed the bed.

Hail storm.

Raining.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Still raining.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Room 101 with Claudia Winkelmann.

Rare Earths: it's not about rare earths.

Expecting a parcel so naturally enough it turns up just as I was tearing sheets of paper off a roll. .

NZ customs thing. 2019. Shedloads of cigarettes: some concealed in water coolers, the others not concealed at all, just a container full of them. Woman from Lithuania returned to UK since they thought she was on the game.

Canadian customs thing repeat.

Oz customs thing. Shedloads of chinese "food" along with an abusive Chinese chap. I was pleased they fined the ignorant twat and confiscated his "food". Chap with steroid vials concealed in his dirty washing. $5k fine. $2k5 per vial.

One or other of the above had Pistons from India that contained drugs.

Funniest of the lot was the package from Africa that cost £30k to send and was insured for £300k, which turned out to be the value of the drugs. That one was "car parts" too, but the insurance valuation was a bit of a giveaway.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: UFO Hunters on Blaze: the one about looking at Area 51 from the top of Tikaboo Peak. Nothing of note.

No "Vanished Wales" this week, it's back next week.

Portillo walking through Devon. It accompanied my reading of stuff about the Indian and Pakistani nukes.

Cracking the Code: sounds like it is about Venona. Feck me I can't imagine how one might decode/decrypt/decypher that. Letters to numbers: tick: from a common telegraph table. Code book: word to number thing. One time pad: except the Reds used the same pads more than once. A previous version of the code book was found after the war in some German site but it gave clues on how the one actually used was constructed. Lots of 80 column punched cards died in the processing of this information. Amazing. Revealed the atom spies, and eventually dear old Philby, Maclean, and Burgess.

Having read all these books about Venona, Enigma, Colossus, and JN25, I've realised I have nothing like the intellect required to do any of this stuff. Then again, I am an , maybe I might have been a bit more able some 40 or 50 years ago.

Spanish customs thing: more ciggies at a guess. Lots. And VAT fraud. And fake handbags. And real handbags VAT fraud. And running away is an offence. And you can't bring in 25L of olive oil.

Some fatuous programme about some gem called Csarite which changes colour.

History's greatest mysteries: MH370.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 February 2024, 23:22.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

6.64km walk, with nothing more than a few spits of rain. Quite pleased with that.

Comment

Lunch: corned beef butties and a bag of plain crisps

Still sunny from time to time out, despite quite a lot of cloud floating about

Comment

Working...
                      X