• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volunteery thing planting trees this morning. Wish they'd stop taking photos and emailing them to us. Who's that miserable old git on the left?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been a nice fry-up

After the giddy excitement of their rebranding exercise last year, the telly people have come to their senses and restored the default Sunday afternoon viewing: North American borders (Canadian at the moment), and New Zealand roads policing

All of them have, of course, been repeated multiple times. I might think of something better to do with my time if they don't find some new ones soon

Comment

Later viewing was a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

And then I read a bit more of Eon

Monday tomorrow, again, so time for an early night

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Not a very warm start, nor rest of the day: currently 0°C and getting no higher than 3°, and that only for an hour or so around lunchtime. The barometers are up yet more at 1022/1030mB

Comment

Morning all
            -2°C on our walk earlier. Good news is that the roads have dried out, so it wasn't slippy, and the fields were crispy.
            Now in warming up.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dark. Cloudy. Dry. Light breeze. Currently 3 degrees ('feels like' -1) and that's the high for the day. Barometer up to 1030 mBar.

Off to clientCo office today.

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Perishingly cold: 10 deg in here, 9 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto, 1 deg in the salting house. May have to put a heater in there to stop stuff freezing up.

1031 mBar, 30.4454 in Hg, 773.313 Torr, 14.95339 psi, (up from 1029 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 58% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 15th of August 2019 WTFH wasn't rained on & went out hunting with a knife, returning with 600g of mushrooms. Magic. . PPI claims were discussed.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. I wondered why it was so heavy to carry then realised it was at least 10kg. Shanks out shanks back.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. Cold wind.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S10 E5 Morris Minor 1000 traveller. I wonder if they get death watch beetle. . Unsurprisingly it has no current MOT (probly a classic) but the MOT history indicates exactly why MOTs are A Good Idea. Even more inneresting it seems to be used, 6k miles a year in some cases.

Oh good. It's fecking snowing. I thought those clouds looked promising.

"Panic in Year Zero (1962)": that good old Neath boy Ray Milland. It went <click>

The Mentalist. S1 E2. "Red hair & silver tape".
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 January 2024, 18:02.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch has been a sausage cob (red sauce)

Comment

Good thing I went for me walk this morning after visit to son, got some nice sunny bits. Doesn't look like much chance of sun now, snowing really heavily.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X