• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: chicken and barley soup

Followed by a KitKat which I got from a hospital vending machine when I was visiting my Dad and which then remained in a coat pocket for ages

Comment

Burger and chips for tea

Comment

Old fart art thing today, followed by freezy walk.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tonight's viewing was 24 Hours in Police Custody: Murder on Camera parts one and two, about a particularly nasty double murder in Houghton Regis, which sounds kind of rural but is mainly overspill from Dunstable, which in turn is mainly overspill from Luton

And then I read some more of Eon

Early night now. Tomorrow is Friday for me, as I'm taking Thursday and Friday off for my Dad's funeral

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dark. Hazy cloud. Dry. Currently 1 degree ('feels like' -3) with a high of 4 or 6 degrees depending on which bit of my weather app is more accurate. Barometer down a smidge to 1027 mBar.

Back to Heathrow today. Heading in for a meeting at 0830 that I've just been told I don't need to attend. Yay

Comment

Morning denizens

Frosty start out despite not being quite as cold; currently 1°C with 6° expected this afternoon. Mostly clear sky so it'll probably be sunny like yesterday, though the forecast pessimistically thinks there'll be more cloud later. The barometers are down a little bit at 1020/1028mB

Comment

Morning all
                A cold winner walk meant we were glad when we got back in. Overcast earlier, but it's clearing.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Dry.

Cold in here at 9.8 deg, 8 deg in the kitchen, 6.5 deg in the leanto, 3.4 deg in the salting house.

1027.75 mBar, 30.34944 in Hg, 770.875 Torr, 14.91 psi (up a tad from 1027.5 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 57% RH (Lidl electric).

Due to inadequate posting, for the events of 15th of August 2019: see yesterday, though Brillo got a pali apparently.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine & cold wind. Strewth it's a bit chilly walking into the wind.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about insuring Range Rovers. Apparently it's a problem.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 86% (85.9 something%).

Oz customs thing: chap with 4.5kg of naughtiness: 11 years 3 months. Woman with thousands of phials of testosterone: $10k fine. Box of birds nest ($100k worth): destroyed. Chap from Vietnam whose wife had filled his luggage with food: $220 fine.

"True Grit: a further adventure (1978)": Warren Oates failing to replicate the magic of The Duke in 1969 or 1975. Remarkably dire "Do Not Watch" warnings. I liked Warren Oates in other things.

Last 10 minutes of "Coroner Creek (1949)" with that Randolph Scott dude.

More Ancient Aliens bollox about Gobekli Tepe. The Truth is Out There. Trust No One.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: more Ancient Aliens bollox: Da Vinci apparently. I didn't actually watch it, it was just on.

Freecell score: 77%, running average: 86%. It was down to 20% at one stage. .

Nazi Megastructures on 5Select: the battle of Saipan which is Japanese rather than Nazi but there you go.

Film Noir on Sky Arts: 44 to 58. Well saw a lot of the 40s but nothing much of the 50s that I could detect.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 January 2024, 09:24.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: sausages and bacon on buttered white toast

I was a bit concerned about one of the magpies, which seemed to just be sitting on the other side of the big lawn, not moving. It had been there since I was making lunch without moving, so I got the binoculars out to check what was going on with it. Turns out it's a black and white woolly hat that somebody's dropped over there

And bad news about my Dad's wake: the pub has told us they'll be unable to supply any pork pies for the buffet. I've been tasked with sourcing some, as they're OK with us bringing our own. So tomorrow, I shall be popping over to the nearby town of Anstey where there's a tiny butcher's shop whose pies are renowned among those in the know; and if he doesn't have any (or enough), I'll carry on to Melton Mowbray and get them direct from the pork pie mines. Nothing but the best pork pies for my Dad

Comment

Was about to put up a long post here, but just realised I'm 5 minutes later for a meeting, and the other party in the meeting is waiting. Also, the sun is shining so the meeting should be pleasant.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X