• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: Heinz oxtail soup with white toast

Last tin of oxtail, so I'll have to stock up. Sainsbury's were giving me a hefty Nectar price discount on four-packs of tomato the other week, so I've got loads of that now

Comment

Pea soup for lunch, which reminds me of the old joke: What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup?

You can roast beef.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all, Sofia calling, local time 0835

Cloudy but expected to be sunnier later. Currently -2 with a high of 3 expected. No precipitation forecast.

We seem to have the same type of room as our previous visit in March but this time with exec lounge access. There are signs of snow but it's mostly just piles on the side of the footpaths where it's not melted away yet.

Working today and tomorrow. With the time difference it makes for a nice slow start to the day but also means a late finish to align with UK time.
        You’re in the intercontinental aren’t you - because executive lounge at the Hilton isn’t that great - I only ever used it when food wasn’t on because when it was it was over full
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Important meeting with Max meant we got heavily snowed on.
          Now back at my desk warming up.

Comment

Morning all, Sofia calling, local time 0835
            Hitchiked in Bulgaria in my 20s, part of USSR then. The thing I remember most about Sofia was when I was in my sleeping bag in a shop doorway. Was very dark and a girl mistook me for a pile of rubbish and peed on my head.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: ribs and chips, being some Sainsbury's ribs described as having a "sweet and spicy glaze". Very nice, as it turned out

Accompanied by an old episode of Police Interceptors

Day off tomorrow, but I might still get an early night as I need to go shopping. One wild notion is to head off to Sainsbury's before the rush hour has started. I want to go to M&S as well, so maybe by the time I've done both shops, which are close enough that I don't even need to drive between them, the traffic will have dispersed again. But I'll probably just have a lie-in and head over there mid-morning

Comment

Early night now, in order to make the most of tomorrow - well, actually to sleep as long as possible

Goodnight all

Comment

‘Kin ell. Sent an email to someone I used to know years ago. He taught me how to mount ski bindings, how to service skis, and lots of other things. I used to help him out in his shop at weekends when they were busy, must be 30 years ago now.
                  We met up every few years when I was back home, and always exchanged Christmas cards - with genuine messages in them.
                  I got an email from his son earlier to say that he died 2 years ago.

Roy, RIP.

Comment

Morning all, local time 0935

Cloudy start with sunshine expected to poke it's way through. Dry. Currently 4 degrees with a high of 13 expected.

Had a good meal out at a local restaurant last night. More than enough food plus wine and a couple of glasses of rakia for about £35 a head. Just about finished work in time to not be late for our booking

Comment

Morning all
                      Very thin cloud but mostly clear skies, and quite a hard frost.
                      TFIF.

Comment

Working...
                      X