• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all, local time 1152

Cloudy, damp. Currently 10 degrees and that's the high for the day. Rain forecast all day.

Lazy day today but go the concierge to book us a restaurant for dinner this evening.

Edited to add: Just checked the temperatures in my house and all rooms are down to 10 degrees Did a quick heating boost and will have to remember to warm it up before I head home on Tuesday.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 3 December 2023, 09:55.

Comment

Morning denizens

The snow came, but due to some cockup they'd delivered too much in Cumbria, so we didn't get a huge amount. It's started to thaw, and now drizzle is moving in to wash the rest away. Currently 3°C so a little warmer than the last few days, but it's not getting any warmer than that. The barometers are back down a little at 998/1006mB

Comment

Lunch: sausage and bacon and white toast butty

And breakfast earlier was a couple of croissants with strawberry jam. Going to be a high calorie kind of day

Comment

Tea has been quite late, so is better described as supper: herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a crust of wholemeal

Comment

Fresh monkfish tail with a fennel, garlic, absinthe and breadcrumb crust served with broccoli and potatoes for dinner, after writing a few Christmas cards and drinking sherry. (One must drink cherry when writing Christmas cards, apparently it’s a family tradition.)
            Currently blowing a hooley with driving rain down here. You northerners will get it later, I suspect.

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There was some (repeated) Australian border stuff on this afternoon, though I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it. Tonight: several old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Raining a bit here but I suspect that WTFH is correct and a lot more is on the way, which the rainfall radar seems to confirm

Penultimate working Monday of the year tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all, local time 0950

Sunny, clear sky, dry. Currently -1 degrees (feels like -7) with a high of 3 expected.

Leaving Sofia this afternoon. Had a lovely time again.

Comment

Morning all
                  Filthy weather here, to the extent that Max looked at me and went into the garden for a poo, then wanted to come back in again.
                  Will take him out later
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and rainy start to the day, and it's expected to continue in that vein right through to this time tomorrow, which is as far ahead as the detailed forecast looks. A bit warmer than it has been, though: 4°C now and aiming for 5° later. The barometers are predictably down, at 984/992mB

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dark.

Damp.

Dreary.

NotSoCold in here at 11.9 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto, 7.8 deg in the salting house.

993 mBar, 29.3232 in Hg, 744.811 Torr, 14.4 psi, (down from 995 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of August 2019 WTFH described cyclists as "Too chewy", NF confirmed he'd seen the twatter feed of Pepys' diary & that it had wrapped around to the beginning, whereas I had located the wasp's nest in the garage & decided to leave it alone since they weren't bothering me so I wouldn't bother them. Live & let live but you wouldn't like me if I got angry. .

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 out, 34 back.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about scams, people misbehaving in theatres etc. etc. etc.

TWATO.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click> <click> <click> <click> Feck me that twat is irritating.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E1 Fiat Dino Coupe. Feck me £395 for a distributor cap.

https://www.superformance.co.uk/fiat/ignition.html

£1450 for a distributor.

Abandoned Engineering. NY smallpox hospital, Roosevelt Island. Castle cum fortress Osaka Bay Japan. "Troy", Turkey, as excavated by Schliemann. Albanian submarine pen.

History's greatest myths: more Blaze bollox. Area 51. Roswell. Ameila Earhart. Harold Holt, PM, Australia. The pyramids, Egypt. Bermuda Triangle. Nostradamus. Bigfoot. Loch Ness Monster. Someone shoot me please.

The A.I.D. doctor who spawned 90 children at the last count.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 December 2023, 18:43.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X