• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Well, the pint didn't kill me, but the stormy weather kept The DogTW awake for a lot of the night. She's now curled up asleep.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite a damp night, and rain or drizzle expected to continue off and on through the day. Currently 12°C with 14° possible around lunchtime, and the barometers are distinctly down at 994/1002mB

I had a decent night's sleep, but I felt a bit out of sorts last night and don't feel 100% this morning either, with a bit of a runny nose to boot. Did an LFT and that's negative, so it's probably just a mild cold

Comment

Scrap the light drizzle. It's back to 'old women and sticks' in DrS parlance

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 011050Z AUTO 24009KT 9999 FEW040/// //////CB 12/10 Q1005 RERA

It absolutely hoofed it down last night from about 6pm until 4am with the worst of it waking me at about 3ish. On the plus side this served as a deterrent to all but a handful of trick or treaters, leaving me with no other option than to consume the rest of the celebrations myself (minus the mars and whatever the sickly galaxy goo offering is called).

Comment

Teeming down here now!

Comment

Blue skies here
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

One of the teams at the Department has talked a lot over the last few months about their new JML system, which has greatly improved the processes around Joiners, Movers and Leavers, such as granting and revoking access and issuing or getting back equipment.

As I still have access to all the various services, and nobody from BEIS has yet been in touch about retrieving my secure MacBook Pro and iPhone, I can only assume that our DM forgot to actually add me to that system last week, and she's on leave for most of this week. So it looks like I'm just going to keep on getting Teams notifications about conversations I have no place in

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  One of the teams at the Department has talked a lot over the last few months about their new JML system, which has greatly improved the processes around Joiners, Movers and Leavers, such as granting and revoking access and issuing or getting back equipment.

As I still have access to all the various services, and nobody from BEIS has yet been in touch about retrieving my secure MacBook Pro and iPhone, I can only assume that our DM forgot to actually add me to that system last week, and she's on leave for most of this week. So it looks like I'm just going to keep on getting Teams notifications about conversations I have no place in
                  https://www.jmldirect.com/

While on the 16th Feb 2019, I'd just watched "Kelly's Heroes" (which I note was written by a Kennedy-Martin of "The Sweeney" fame) and found rather overlong at 2.5 hours, while NF had been researching the demise of his friend from the pub who was about to have a pauper's funeral apparently.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 November 2022, 13:06.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been chicken and barley soup with a bit of wholemeal bread

Rain's stopped and there's even some blue sky appearing outside now

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Indeed

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      NF had been researching the demise of his friend from the pub who was about to have a pauper's funeral apparently.
                      They eventually managed to track down a cousin who, despite not having seen Roger since the 1970s, arranged for a service and a good knees-up in the pub afterwards

Comment

Working...
                      X