• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Comment

Afternoon All,

METAR EGFF 071250Z AUTO 21011KT 9999 -RA BKN020 BKN025 OVC038 14/// Q1000

-RA Light rain which has been falling all morning and 14 deg but definitely feels colder.

Very grey and murkey outside - I assume Somerset is still there but I can't see it.

Comment

In the post today: an empty box!

Not quite empty though, for it contained a pre-addressed postage label and an A4 sheet with instructions for how to return my government laptop and phone

I can't be bothered to go down to the post office this afternoon though, so although everything is now neatly packed away in said box, I'll leave it until tomorrow. I don't suppose it's urgent

I also assume the related accounts on the government VPN have now been disabled, which is why they're allowing them to be sent in the post. When they were issued, a bloke had to come all the way from London and hand them to me personally at the front door

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the post today: an empty box!

Not quite empty though, for it contained a pre-addressed postage label and an A4 sheet with instructions for how to return my government laptop and phone

I can't be bothered to go down to the post office this afternoon though, so although everything is now neatly packed away in said box, I'll leave it until tomorrow. I don't suppose it's urgent

I also assume the related accounts on the government VPN have now been disabled, which is why they're allowing them to be sent in the post. When they were issued, a bloke had to come all the way from London and hand them to me personally at the front door
          Its frequently the case they worry about getting it to you but not so much about getting it back. Different lot.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Drenched walking on the beach earlier - ended up going to the other house to strip down and dry off a bit before coming home.
            Then the afternoon was spent pressing apples. 4 gallons of juice later, and it’s not even half way pressed.

TFBSZ
            small & simple

https://hackaday.com/2015/10/04/appl...time-for-fall/

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Its frequently the case they worry about getting it to you but not so much about getting it back. Different lot.
              It's the same lot (BEIS do IT for all of Whitehall), but when they send it out it has everything you need to connect to the VPN and access internal government systems. When you send it back, your VPN account should have already been disabled, so it doesn't matter so much if it falls into the wrong hands

Comment

Tea: oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's the same lot (BEIS do IT for all of Whitehall), but when they send it out it has everything you need to connect to the VPN and access internal government systems. When you send it back, your VPN account should have already been disabled, so it doesn't matter so much if it falls into the wrong hands
                  hey I travel further than Whitehall, we do foreign as well as domestic!

Comment

One more demijohn emptied into bottles (very tasty), this one was made with champagne yeast. Then a sterile one was filled with some of yesterday’s juice (which I’m just going to scrump) and the remaining 13 litres of it went in to plastic cartons to be frozen/given away.
                    The latest just is running at 1.052SG, which may push it towards 7% ABV.

Anyway, through the howling gales, it’s TFBSZ.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a 1969 Opel GT. Seemed like quite a nice bit of kit

And then the usual ups and downs for the gold diggers from a couple of years ago.

Then a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E before and after the season finale of NEW! gold diggers, in which most of them failed to reach their season targets to varying degrees, though they all professed themselves happy enough with what they'd managed in the end.

It's been very windy out, though it seems to be easing off a little now. No rain yet, but I believe it's on the way

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X