• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    S’murky out.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, with light drizzle from time to time, which will possibly get a little heavier in a while before easing off again. Currently 9°C, might get to 13°C later, and the barometers are remaining fairly positive, being up a little at 1004/1012mB

Comment

Morning.

Wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Cold in here at 14.6 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 14.47477 psi, (down from 1003 last night), 76% RH.

Saturday.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S15 E22 1972 Fiat 124 Spider. Bought: $4k8, Total: $6k, sold: $12k. Seen it before.

Whilst back on 20th Feb 2019, Doggie & I were reviewing some of The Duke's films, and I was celebrating the cancellation of the repeat visit to Carmarthen to undergo the hearing test they forgot the first time I went there, plus I celebrated getting rid of the Dutton Phaeces of immortal memory, a car I was glad to see the back of about 30 years earlier.

House roughly vacced with some escaped peas duly removed from the living room.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S9 E1 Fiat Dino 2400 Coupe, roughly 1970ish, bought for £12k5 (15k euros), total: £14k4, sold: £15k5. Well that was a fair amount of effort for £1k1.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: R4 news. Any Questions. Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? Just askin' like.

It's still wet, grey, gloomy, sunless and cold, so it looks like the walk is not happening any time soon.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S11 E5 Maserati 3200 GT. Watched it before, but what the heck. . MOT expired Jan 21. Bought: £7k, total: £8k6, sold: £12k3.

There's some inneresting pictures of Edd China's road legal sofa on the interweb. Not sure how it's road legal but there you go. It's MOT ran out a couple of years ago.

It was hammering down out there just now, but it's lightened up a bit.

Sun came out: walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Much wetness and plenty dampness observed.

Tea: not so fiery bol with far too much spag (portion control out the window again), stewed gooseberries & custard, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM, followed by some nonsense on R4 at 17:30.

Freecell score: 90%, running average 85%.

Maigret S4 E5 "A man condemned". 1963. A man awaiting the guillotine. And not the one that gives you paper cuts. With that Philip Madoc before he became a Nazi U boat captain.

The Bad Skin Clinic.

Thing about Guido Fawkes on BBC4.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2022, 19:49.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Raining and set to continue all day. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Barometer up to 1015 mBar.

Off to visit Mum today. Down on the coast it's raining more enthusiastically and is expected to reach 14 degrees.

Hopefully she'll remember I set up a higher earning savings account for her and won't accuse me of stealing all her money after I've done the transfer. I will need to write down notes for her about it. She's changed her internet banking log on details again which is annoying but the banking app still pings me when she uses her debit card which is still useful. Only two more months to go before the LPA should arrive, hopefully.

Comment

It has briefly stopped raining here.

Comment

We’re waiting for the rain here. It’ll come in the next half hour.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                We’re waiting for the rain here. It’ll come in the next half hour.
                You going for a walk today?

Comment

Lunch: breakfast. A delicious fry-up

Comment

Mundane laundry is on

To celebrate this momentous achievement, I'm having coffee and a Marathon

Comment

Big Jet TV is currently live from LHR runway 27R (not actually on the runway), trying to show fireworks going off in neighbouring areas at the same time as filming planes landing in the dark

Comment

Working...
                      X