• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the leaves gone I can once again see the Polish café, which seems to be doing a nice, steady Sunday afternoon trade

Comment

And I have chicken soup phase one underway in the slow cooker, which is spreading a nice aroma through the flat. Phase two will be done in the InstantPot™ though, as otherwise I'll be waiting until two in the morning

Comment

There was no thunderstorm this afternoon or evening.

The bed linen was all washed and draped about to dry.

Now off to make the bed before going to sleep in it.

Comment

Chicken and tomato soup (herby variant) with wholemeal bread for tea. Turned out nice again

Comment

Drenched walking on the beach earlier - ended up going to the other house to strip down and dry off a bit before coming home.
            Then the afternoon was spent pressing apples. 4 gallons of juice later, and it’s not even half way pressed.

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Not a lot of TV watched today; just some New Zealand police stuff, and later, an old episode of The Repair Shop

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                Wet & windy out. Heating oil delivered.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Dark.

Dank.

Wet.

Windy.

Chilly in here at 14.8 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

Sunless.

998 mBar, 29.471 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 14.47477 psi, (up from 997 and a bit last night), 76% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming particularly brightly at the moment.

Whilst on the 21st Feb 2019 NF had undertaken another clearout of crap, and found backups from 2006 on assorted R/W dvds & suchlike, whilst I had "borrowed" some boot diskettes (360k and pretty colours) for the Amstrad PC1512. They're still here somewhere.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

The active precipitation kicked in.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away: it took the X5 bus, the 38 bus to get there & the 204 to return halfway home. Damp now.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, another uncornered yog, 0.91* pints of good Glengette tea.

Entertainment: Bus conversations. TWAO.

Whatever lunacy is on at 13:45: Oh, "Understanding the economy". I'm sure I had book about economics but I donated it to Oxfam.

It would have been this version: https://www.amazon.co.uk/introductio.../dp/0297004743

Gosh. 1972. Wot a long time ago. Can't say that I ever read it.

The afternoon was occupied with a nice bonfire that has rid the greenhouse of a myriad recycling bags of weeds & brambles, plus assorted binbags of crap from next door that some vermin seem to have found fascinating over the last month or so.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S14 E13 1969 Opel GT. bought for $6k, total $9k85, sold $13k5. I'd have changed the brake fluid it looked a funny colour.

Abandoned Engineering: USS Hornet aircraft carrier: the one the Apollo 11 astronauts spent some time on. 150 miles of tunnels under Sofia, Bulgaria. Hull, bombed by the Nazis. Cinema showing The Great Dictator destroyed. Some weird Italian structure.

Oak Island nutjobbery: "The unusual suspects": wood, wood, mud, wood, more wood, a nail, more wood.

Made in the 80s: Uncle Clive, Chris Curry, Sophie Wilson, Herman Hauser, Alan Sugar et al.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2022, 23:24.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out with occasional drizzly showers, and expected to continue that way. Currently 12°C, possibly getting to 14° later, and the barometers are up a little at 993/1001mB

Comment

Morning all

Damp out but no active precipitation at this time although rain is forecast off and on all day. Quite bright out at the moment, despite the cloud cover. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 15 expected. Barometer steady at 1005 mBar.

Slept very nicely with the heavier tog duvet. It's 10 tog, not 13 tog as reported yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                      X