• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Today's positive news is that I'm no longer positive meaning the jenga tower of covid tests has reached its peak and I'm free to leave my compound and start licking peoples faces again.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Meanwhile in a preplague 18th January 2019, I was watching "Jack's Return Home(1971)" with that Michael Caine chap, whereas NF was watching "Siberia(2018)" with that Keanu Reeves chap & not rating it much.
      I'll watch that again some time, as it's hard to believe it was as bad as I remember given that it had Keanu in it. But I do remember it being pretty bad

Comment

The heavens have opened, just as we were about to go to a bar en route to date night dinner. Contemplating another cocktail at home before we leave

Comment

Nice moon out

Comment

Tea has been the oniony chicken casserole I make in the Remoska, and was very tasty indeed

The moon and Jupiter both visible outside the window now. I'll miss these tall windows

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Tea has been the oniony chicken casserole I make in the Remoska, and was very tasty indeed

The moon and Jupiter both visible outside the window now. I'll miss these tall windows
              But not the rent increase you are escaping.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Finally sussed out what the super computing thread was all about.

Goodness me.

We do attract them don't we? .

Which post took me back to 20th January 2019 where I was awaiting details on the voluntary redundancy situation from the CHCFC on the morrow.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 October 2022, 22:43.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

But not the rent increase you are escaping.
                  Well, quite. Paid the first tranche today. Not to my taste at all

But I beat him down by quite a hefty amount from what he wanted, which now gives me an advantage, because I can encourage him to go easy on the notice period by pointing out that the sooner he gets me out of here, the sooner he can charge some other poor sod more

Anyway… tonight's first major motion picture was a repeat rather than a premiere, being The Adjustment Bureau (2011). It's pretty good really, that one, as silly hokum goes

And then another repeat, Bombshell (2019), because its always worth being reminded of how disgusting anything to do with Rupert Murdoch is

And then some more of The West Wing, because it may be unrealistic but at least it's marginally more realistic now than it was under the previous administration

Goodnight all

^^ which I tried to post earlier but the server was in one of its non-responsive moods; probably dealing with a mailing list or something ​​​​​​​

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cooler at 16 deg in here, 17 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto, and 8.3 deg in the salting house.

1020.5 mBar, 30.135 in Hg, 765.44 Torr, 14.8011011 psi, (up from 1015 last night), 75% RH.

Saturday.

Smalls in the WM (apart from 2 items that escaped & will go in with sommat else later).

Meanwhile back in 20th January 2019 it was 14 deg in here, and I wasn't very satisfied with a cook in the bag leg of lamb from Morrisons. I suppose I survived eating it so it must have been ok. Ish.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and hanging on the line.

Cottons & stray sock in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the bright sunshine.

Cottons just about done.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly and marmalade on Morrisons soya & linseed toast, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: much to my shock, there is no Wheeler Dealer eps from the ark this morning. Devastated of Neath. .

The News Quiz. First time I've listened to this for a while.

It hasn't improved much. .

Cottons out of the WM and half hanging on the line.

Shirts in off the line as in "more or less dryish".

Other half of the cottons on the line along with the wayward sock & underpants: these last now covered in fluff from the cottons.

Shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs.

Those of the cottons that had dried sufficiently to warrant it: roughly iRoned.

Entertainment: R3. There's not a lot of talking on R3, but at least it's not Any Fecking Questions or Any Fecking Answers. Which is good.

Bed remade to avoid that "Oh feck" moment at midnight.

Underpants in off the line since they dry so much more quickly than the socks.

Trudge down to Morrisons since I've run out of spuds & took the opportunity to purchase the mince & the pepper for the next batch of chilli con carne and bol: duly washed dried dusted sanitised & put away, not necessarily in that order.

Socks removed from the line & matched for colour out in the sunshine.

Entertainment: WEWH where a lady was relating the said case of medical negligence (alleged) that killed her 13 year old daughter.

Knackered now. .

Him next door and his girlfriend have turned up this afternoon.

Some of the pears I've been ripening for weeks have achieved that status: very nice indeed, though one was just past its best compared with the others.

Tea: spag with notsofiery bol, some Xmas pud (BBE 2021) with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

3 items left to iRon. I'd better get on with it then.

Entertainment: that thing on R4 at 18:15 on Saturdays.

Having failed dismally to find anything to watch on the idiot lantern I read a book, a novel forsooth!

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 October 2022, 22:53.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc.

One of the local villages is having a pop-up pub at lunchtime today (their pub has been closed for about 4 years and no one will take on the tenancy that the investment company have put on it). So that means a dog walk to the pub. Before and after will be gardening, digging up tree stumps, picking and storing apples, and then get the mowers out to cut the grass.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X