• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Llundadno (not visiting Brillo).

got to love a cafe where 2 drinks and a Toastie is £5.85

good job to as Mrs eek just spent £200 on fabric
    Last edited by eek; 5 April 2023, 13:39.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Bright sunny day out, but it's at its peak temperature of 16°C. Barometers are up at 1015/1023mB

I reckon I'll go to one of the Chineses tonight, though I haven't decided which one. Thinking of this reminded me that I only have one twenty pound note in my wallet, so I might use a cash machine soon too. I'm not sure I've used a cash machine all year, as I had cash from Christmas, then from my birthday, then from the Council Tax energy rebate thing earlier in the year; and the only places I use it are the barber's, the Chinese, and the chip shop up the road

Comment

Busy afternoon on the telly again: New Zealand wildlife rescue, orangutan school, some monkeys, and now big cats. So I've had a sausage and bacon bap (red sauce) to sustain me through the excitement

Comment

Evening all. It's been a lovely sunny day but I've been hungover for most of it. High of 16 degrees with barely any breeze. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Bed has been stripped and put out on the line. I also remade it after a few hours' airing rather than remembering at bed time.

Discovered that yesterday was the 70th birthday of the barcode.

Comment

In the other Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the other Chinese
              And very nice too

That may become the default Chinese for the remainder of my time around here, as it's now significantly cheaper than the usual place

The moon is very nearly full and is also located just below Jupiter, which all looks very scenic in a celestial kind of way

Comment

Whilst dining, I half-watched a repeat of that bodycam programme that includes bits filmed by our local plod. They were dealing with some hassle outside a big nightclub in town which, as it happens, burned down this week

But I decided that, after all the animal-related stuff this afternoon, was enough telly for one day. Now I'm going to get an early night so I can do stuff tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

To celebrate 60 years of Bond, watched No Time To Die.

Now TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny in parts.

Greyish.

Colder in her at 15.7 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto, 11.4 deg in the saltinghouse.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.69 psi, (down from 1019 last night), 75% RH.

Sunday.

Meanwhile back in 20th January 2019 NF had returned from visiting NF Snr in hospital, I was burning the lentil <pffft> soup and getting fed up with the virtue signalling again, whilst Xogg was looking forward to the blood moon.

In other news, it would appear that my dementia is progressing well in that Wheeler Dealers was, in fact, on Quest yesterday but I Looked At The Wrong Channel on the EPG. .

Doomed of Neath.

Not that it mattered much since I was busy with the washing frenzy, followed by the shopping trip to Morrisons.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked late enough to miss the parkrun nonsense. Couldn't understand WTF all the cheering was about. .

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "It's a fair cop".

Next door but one were having problems with the strimmer so I dug out some strimming line.

Then I dug out next door's petrol lawn mower that I've never used before & used that to cut next door but one's two lawns.

Then I cut about a third of next door's big lawn and the petrol mower died & wouldn't restart (I think it flooded, it certainly smelt like it).

So the trusty electric mower duly mowed 4 lawns next door, my front lawn and my back lawn. More lawns than one could easily shake a stick at.

The compost heap is now six feet high in grass clippings.

I suppose I'll have to firkle the petrol mower tomorrow if I can be arsed.

It'll need the petrol removing & some oil squirted into the bore to stop it rusting.

I may also, if I can be arsed, see if the petrol generator(s) can be persuaded to work..

30 litres of food waste transferred into the waste food bins ready for the Thursday collection.

The buckets that previously held said waste have been washed out.

During which I noted that the bird seed I casually tossed on the garden last week seems to be sprouting.

Tea: Morrisons cumberland chipolatas (who knew that was a thing) with onion gravy and some bacon (if I can defrost it), no more Xmas pud unfortunately, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

For lack of anything on the idiot lantern finished reading "RedBeard". Fairly strange ending but reasonable enough since I didn't see that coming despite hints earlier.

The thing on Blaze about nutters metal detecting in rivers. They found half a handgrenade (not far off Antioch vintage though I assume not blessed) from the battle of Killicrankie (1689) apparently.

The Repair Shoppe: the one with the home made reflecting telescope and the briefcase that had travelled around Africa.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 October 2022, 22:15.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X