• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea was ribs and chips

Been looking through all the stuff from the solicitor. There's a lot of it, with stuff in the freehold title dating back to 1867

In the more recent stuff, they seem very keen on the "No dogs" rule; in fact, they say "An absolute ban on any additional dogs will be enforced" which makes it sound a bit like somebody's been pulling some kind of one hundred and one dalmatians stunt and they've finally decided to draw the line

Similarly, though there's a ban on subletting (no BTL there), it seems this wasn't enforced but now it is being, and strictly so. This means any existing tenancies that owners have created are allowed to run to term, but after that, they have to either sell up or move in themselves - or leave the place empty, I suppose. I wonder if this is why there's been three of the apartments on the market so far this year? Though TBH the one that went on the market a week or two ago (in one of the 1930s buildings) looks more like the occupant died, and their heirs had the furniture cleared out and are trying to get rid without going to the expense of redecorating

I tried sending it all to my brother to check it out (he's a property lawyer, or was before he retired) and his mail provider rejected it for being too big. Had to split it all over three emails

Anyway, apart from that and the excitement of the dentist: tonight's car was a Ford Bronco, though from what I could gather they cheated rather when they discovered it was full of rust and bought about 80% of another one that had already been restored, fitted a few of their existing bits to it along with a load of new ones, and then pretended it was the same vehicle; like a Ship of Theseus or Trigger's Broom setup

Then the opal hunters weren't doing too badly. Whilst dining, I finished the episode of Trucking Hell I started watching on Friday. And finally, the gold hunters all seemed reasonably satisfied with where they ended up this week

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, but with a bit of a high haze; it's due to cloud over during the morning. Currently a bracing 3°C out there with a high of 14° expected, and the barometers are bouncing back at 1019/1027mB

Comment

In the more recent stuff, they seem very keen on the "No dogs" rule; in fact, they say "An absolute ban on any additional dogs will be enforced" which makes it sound a bit like somebody's been pulling some kind of one hundred and one dalmatians stunt and they've finally decided to draw the line
        In my house deeds there's an absolute ban on keeping pigs. Shame, I'd fancy keeping a nice fat lady pig.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all
          CBS, etc, and definitely an autumnal chill in the air.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Pigs, Xogg? There're pig sties at the bottom of my garden (unused for more than half a century).

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 15.2 deg, 16.5 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto, 6.8 deg in the salting house.

1024 mBar, 30.238 in Hg, 768.06 Torr, 14.85 psi, (unchanged), 75% RH.

Tuesday.

Meanwhile on the 22nd of January 2019, NF was watching S1 E5 of Bab5, NF Snr was out of hospital, and I watched the 2nd dvd of the collector's edition of "A Bridge too far".

Curiously The WWWC Shatner's programme on Sunday was waffling on about Precognition & a UK investigation thereof.

<Cue the creepy music>: R4 is running a book reading on same through the week. </creepy music>

Walk (unabbreviated & unextended) walked in the increasingly grey gloom. .

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO. (as in Doomed(tm)).

Firkling the PPGEN1KVA generator this afternoon, the ins & outs of which are in the "inverter" thread.

Typical Chinese Carlos Fandango el cheapo crap.

You'd be mad to connect anything electronic to that POS.

Though it did managed to burn out a 300W linear halogen security bulb.

Tea: Tesco battered cod (or was it haddock?), some stewed pears & custard (why have the jackdaws given up eating the pears?), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E11 1983 Mercedes 500 SEC, bought for $2500, $15k of AMG parts borrowed off someone, another $8k of other parts added, sold for $16k to the chap & chapess who loaned the AMG parts.

The Rookie S2 E12 "Now & Then".

The Repair Shoppe. The one with inevitable teddies and the Mamod Steam Car. Feck me, they're £343 these days.

For those innerested in such things S17 E1 of Wheeler Dealers is on Quest at 21:00 on Thursday.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 October 2022, 21:53.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with some wispy / hazy stuff floating about. Currently a chill 6 degrees with a high of 14 later. Barometer up to 1026 mBar.

Tired this morning. Was up late playing a stupid game on my phone - just one more level while I still have time on the infinite lives clock!

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 110750Z AUTO 06003KT 010V090 9999 NCD 06/05 Q1028

Ice warning came on in the car this morning. First of the season which was rather unexpected given yesterday was 17 deg during my evening walk.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

In my house deeds there's an absolute ban on keeping pigs. Shame, I'd fancy keeping a nice fat lady pig.
                  There's one of those too, dating back to the conveyancing of the land for the building of dwelling houses in the 1800s

Also a clause about not allowing "a drunkard or person of immoral life" to live there. Looks like I'll have to find somewhere else to live

Comment

Lunch was corned beef butties

I noticed that when at the dentist yesterday, I'd forgotten to have their address stamped on the prescription on the way out. So I had to pop back there, so I could then head up to the pharmacy to get it filled. And on the way back, I stopped off at a friend's house so he could witness me signing the Deed of Covenant for the leasehold of the flat

Comment

There isn't half a lot of paperwork involved in buying a place. I just spent nearly an hour on an email to my solicitor asking questions about all the stuff she sent yesterday, most of them from my brother's comments.

I'm surprised they don't ask if you have a close family member who's a lawyer when they take you on, so they can add a few hundred quid to the bill for all the extra questions they'll have to deal with

Comment

Working...
                      X