• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and I got a text from the GP surgery this morning exhorting me to book a flu shot. I followed the link therein and there was a slot this afternoon, so I'll be popping next door for that in just under three hours

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That's unfortunate! I thought you don't need to isolate any more but I would still do it if I picked up the lurgy.
      Aye, It's a bit of a PITA but since I'm WFH and Majestic wine deliver it's not the end of the world. Although, I have noticed that my lack of impromptu trips to the supermarket means there's a lot less snackage available in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Lunch: sardine toasties, being the ones whose habitat is olive oil rather than tomato sauce. Very tasty

We have begun the final sprint of my tenure at ClientGov; I shall not see the end of it (barring any further last-minute extension), so am concentrating on minor tickets, tech debt that could do with clearing up, and any questions the other devs might have for handover

And the post, which is getting even later than it already was, has arrived bearing the dead tree copies of all the mortgage offer documents

They've taken their time getting here, given that the existence of the offer was confirmed via email a week ago, but I imagine mortgage providers have had to send out a lot of post over the past week or so
        And there's been a mail strike

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

And there's been a mail strike
          Ah yes, so there has - that probably didn't help

Comment

Flu jab accomplished

Comment

Tea: chicken tikka masala with rice and naan

Comment

Inside Man has been watched. Found it very funny, like In Bruges with a bit of Breaking Bad.

Now TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was an unsafe-at-any-speed Chevrolet Corvair, which looked quite nice once they'd finished. Also, they added the extra bit that stops it rolling over when going round corners

Then some new opal hunters, along with some returning ones, were starting their seasons with moderately good results

A leftover bit of old Police Interceptors got me through my evening meal

And finally, the Air Crash Investigation into Indonesia AirAsia Flight 8501 which plummeted into the Java Sea following an ill-advised attempt to get rid of a perfectly valid fault warning by pulling the circuit breakers for a large number of the control systems

Likely to rain overnight and tomorrow, it seems. And the chestnut tree is starting to change colour properly now, so it seems autumn is well and truly upon us

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start again and likely to be a bit rainy too. Currently a fairly mild 17°C (the higher the day) but there's a proper wind blowing too. And the barometers have plummeted a further 10mB or so to 996/1004mB

Comment

Morning all

A very windy night (including a couple of power outages), and still pretty breezy this morning.

I doubt if Pondy will be flying today.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X