• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Finally Buffy the Vampire Slayer: the bazooka scene, it always cracks me up.

What's not to like? Feck me they all look really young.
    Thanks for that! Superb blast from the past.

Comment

Mad Max the Spannerhead.
      Max
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Mad Max the Spannerhead.
        Max

Comment

I've knocked off early as I wasn't managing to get anything done anyway, being little more than a zombie today

Things are getting slightly complicated at ClientGov as arrangements have been made for the project to carry on a bit longer. So I don't know what becomes of my place on the other project. Then again, they only got me on board at this stage so another team didn't get me; it's possible we can still get the current project sorted out in time for me to do the other one as well

And thanks to the project having more time, it's possible I might be able to take next week off - apparently it's half-term and a bunch of other people are off anyway, so it makes sense to let me use up some of my outstanding time then

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

And thanks to the project having more time, it's possible I might be able to take next week off - apparently it's half-term and a bunch of other people are off anyway, so it makes sense to let me use up some of my outstanding time then
            Most of the kids where you are where on half-term last week, however if you move around the country they are on half term next week and a few the week after.

In short it means you will bump into bloody kids not knowing what they are doing if you meander into a shop in the day.

In other news I replaced the lampshade I ripped with a fabric one that was on sale. It was originally £14 and was reduced to £3.50 Got to the till and it was £2. Then they asked for my email address so I could have an email receipt, I said "For £2 no thanks". I actually went to the shop, Dunelm, to buy a replacement one for my bedroom but it wasn't on the shelves.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Most of the kids where you are where on half-term last week, however if you move around the country they are on half term next week and a few the week after.
              Yes, I might tell them the story of how we ended up having school holidays a week before the rest of the country just so Skegness wouldn't get too crowded

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              In other news I replaced the lampshade I ripped with a fabric one that was on sale. It was originally £14 and was reduced to £3.50 Got to the till and it was £2. Then they asked for my email address so I could have an email receipt, I said "For £2 no thanks". I actually went to the shop, Dunelm, to buy a replacement one for my bedroom but it wasn't on the shelves.
              I ought to buy some lampshades for this place, really. Might add them to the list when I order curtains for the bedroom from Dunelm, though I'm not going to bother doing that until they have their sale in January - I saved loads on the living room curtains that way

Comment

Tea has been Dutch-influenced meatballs with chips

I didn't actually finish it though - haven't got much of an appetite, but I thought I should at least try, and ate most of it

And lunch, for the record, was ham toasties, which I also struggled with a bit but eventually managed to scoff in their entirety

Comment

Not joking. After reading in the news about the Met using face recognition to catch shoplifters I decided to upload a photo of me and use Google to find a match. It came up with a Halloween mask!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Not joking. After reading in the news about the Met using face recognition to catch shoplifters I decided to upload a photo of me and use Google to find a match. It came up with a Halloween mask!
                    You should get yourself on the books of a model agency - you could make good money scaring kids at Halloween parties

Comment

Tonight's opal hunters included a new team, though they didn't find anything as several of them fell ill with diarrhoea in the first week. Must be difficult keeping stuff fresh in 50° temperatures

And then the last new episode of Police Interceptors

Though it may not be the last - I've noticed that on this and on Traffic Cops there's sometimes a few gaps in the episode numbering, and that one of those gaps on the latter was filled a few weeks ago. I assume this is episodes where, for whatever reason, cases haven't yet been dealt with by the courts and so on, and the episodes can't be released until all the legal niceties have been resolved

Still feeling wretched, so it's an early night for me

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X