• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a crust of wholemeal

If there's been any rain, it wasn't noticeable. Definitely no snow - well, not yet

Comment

It appears that my Garmin watch can’t tell the difference between climbing stairs and (hand) sawing logs. So, having sawn up enough wood for a maybe 3 weeks of fires, I’ve climbed 215 flights of stairs.

Unfortunately my right shoulder does know the difference.

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The usual Canadian border stuff and NZ roads stuff was on for the umpteenth time this afternoon. And this evening, old 24 Hours in A&E

And yet more of Eon has been read. Should be finished soon

Monday yet again tomorrow, starting my first five day week since the end of November

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Clear skies overnight and now, leading to a frosty start out. Currently -3°C, and not expected to get any higher than 1° during the day. The barometers are down a little at 998/1006mB, though I don't know if that's good, bad, or indifferent at the moment. Still no snow forecast for us here

A rubbish night's sleep was had

Comment

Morning all
            Frost on the cars, not a cloud in the sky, and the sun just peaking over the horizon.

In other news, my right shoulder is very sore, I didn't sleep well and it's Monday.

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 10.4 deg, 8 deg in the kitchen, 6 deg in the leanto.

1011 mBar, 29.855 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.6633 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 58% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of August 2019 Scruff was fixing stuff, I was collecting apples, it was a nice day for a trip down the dump, whereas WTFH lost 5 hours of edits due to some flakey software or other.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 out 34 back & a chat with a chap who's had his driving license taken away at 83.

Turned out said chap had spent some time doing his HNC at Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde back in the 60s.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Entertainment: Oz customs thing. Malaysian chap declares he's come to work: beginner's mistake. Woman from Taiwan with a k of heroin: 11 years. It was well packed. No frog fat.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: NCIS S17 E4. <click>

Wheeler Dealers S10 E10 FSM Syrena. <click>

History's greatest mysteries. More bollox on Blaze. Jimmy Hoffa.

The Mentalist S1 E3&4: something to enjoy.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 January 2024, 09:32.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just completed The Wife's tax return and it says she's owed a refund of £550. Makes me think I've done something wrong.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Afternoon all, Glasgow calling

Clear blue sky, not a wisp in sight. Currently 2 degrees ('feels like' -3) and that's the high for the day.

There was a bit more snow overnight, just enough to give everything a light dusting.

Comment

Strange times on the project. Senior management are starting to wonder whether to just can it, because risks that arose as a result of reorganisation last year mean that although the risk the project is intended to mitigate remains the same, it's now not as high as it was on their Big List of Risks

They probably won't though. It's really quite close to being done, so although it won't now look as impressive as it would have done, they should still see it as a waste to just abandon it

Meanwhile, the PM (also a contractor) has been headhunted for another gig which is much closer to his interests and is leaving at the end of the week, so he's having to argue for the importance of carrying on at the same time as walking away

Ah well, that's Mondays for you

Comment

Working...
                      X