• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting experience with the software running Lidl’s automatic tills meant that I left with a free bottle of wine, as approved by the age verification person.

And with that excitement, it’s TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea tonight was leftover KFC

And that was accompanied by Inside the Factory about jeans, though in reality it's inside two factories: the one in Italy that makes the denim, and the one in Wales that makes the garments

Then Parole in which I felt rather sorry for the guy whose hearing had to be adjourned for six months because the probation officer involved had been too busy (as they were understaffed and trying to manage a double workload) to actually talk to him and therefore couldn't tell the Parole Board what it needed to know

And finally the opal hunters, who had the usual equipment failures along with the not-as-unusual-for-a-desert-as-they-used-to-be floods to cope with, though they all did OK in the end; particularly the ones who found fire opal, which has never been found in that part of the country before

Oh, and another couple of chapter of Eon

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
        Clear skies, absolutely king billy (as our dear departed would have said) at -2oC, but also quite pleasant.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy start, and not quite as cold as yesterday, albeit still cold at -1°C with an expected high of 2°. There isn't a frost, unlike yesterday; I think this may be due to the dew point having been -6° last night due to comparatively low relative humidity. But that's just a guess. The barometers are trivially lower at 997/1005mB

Comment

^^^Om for NF.

Morning.

Tuesday apparently.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 10.1 deg, 8 deg in the kitchen, 6 deg in the leanto.

1007.5 mBar, 29.75 in Hg, 755.687 Torr, 14.61 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 56% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 17th of August 2019 NF went to the Chinese & discovered they had a new (preloved) tv replacing the previous tv, though it wasn't working, whereas WTFH had discovered why his edit had disappeared and, rather unusually, LM was drinking cocktails.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the greyish gloom & sometime sunshine. Very raw out there. Chapstick wearing out rapidly.

Lunch: baked beans & baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y on shortages of drugs: just say no to drugs. You know it makes sense.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 86%.

Book.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: Scuttling the Kaiser's Fleet at Scapa Flow (last bit).

Scotland Yard "The Drayton Case" (1953). The Lugubrious One yet again. This is apparently the first ep.

Thought the cars were a bit odd: no Wolseley 6/80s: it was set in 1943.

Sgt Wilson was moonlighting as a Police Superintendent.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86% (85.997%).

Maigret S9 E1 "First Class Murder (1999)". Oddly both the actresses are dead and they weren't very old: one at 62, and the other at 54. Maybe the plague got 'em.

Last 15 minutes of "Homefront" with Mr Statham.

Last 20 minutes of "The Equaliser" with Mr Washington.

All good clean fun. If only some of it was real.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 January 2024, 23:52.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast, snowing. Currently -1 ('feels like' -4) with a high of 3 expected. Light snow continues, hopefully won't settle too much.

Just burnt my crumpets because the filaments in HWMBO's toaster work much better than mine. I need to look into replacing mine and seeing if that gives a better toasting result

Comment

First garden waste collection of the year is taking place as we speak. Good job Max reminded me this morning as we went out for our walk, and I put that bin out.

In other news, the fire is lit.

Comment

Lunch: sausages in finger rolls

And before I return to the fray for the afternoon, I must remember to put the mundane laundry on

Comment

Tea: pork cutlet with chips, peas, and gravy. Very nice, that was

Comment

Tonight's viewing was a two part 24 Hours in Police Custody about some drug smugglers, which I realised I'd watched the other year about halfway through the first part. But I carried on anyway as I didn't remember it that well, and there was some interesting stuff about phone tracking and Encrochat in there

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X