• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

pertaining to the dates of the Port Isaac Sea Shanty Festival
      I used to be into Sea Shanties. Was thinking of doing one at karaoke but can't find any lyrics. Have to dig out me old cassette tapes.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

<sing> Sixteen-- men on a dead man's chest</sing>

Morning.

Saturday.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 10.4 deg, 8 deg in the kitchen, 7.5 deg in the leanto.

1026 mBar, 30.29776 in Hg, 769.56 Torr, 14.88 psi, (down from 1030 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair proving the needle isn't stuck), 59% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 16th of August 2019 there was discussion of NF's "inneresting" neighbours, those in clink, about to be in clink, still in clink on one of those never get out of gaol sentences, the Battle of the Bulge, Bastogne, Company E, maps, polygons, beer, lager, lager and lime, Heiniken, refreshing parts other beers cannot reach.

Lunch: beans etc.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Just found another maggot out of the toaster.

How it avoided the suction from the vac, the shaking, the brushing & all the rest is quite baffling.

I may need a new toaster.

Next batch of bol and chilli duly prepared, the Moving of Stuff leading to the discovery of said maggot.

Tea: first portion of said bol: hope it improves with age in the freezer coz that was meh.

Entertainment: PM. Toast (Sunny delight).

Last part of "Butch & Sundance: the early days (1979)" with that chap who was nasty to Rambo in First Blood getting his comeuppance with a 45LC.

Robocop was also in it as a nasty Pinkerton Detective.

Dixon of Dock Green "Postman's Knock (1956)". Evening all.

Maigret S4 E1 "Poor Cecile (1963)".

Strange Evidence bollox on Blaze: kid & his grandmother run over by a car. Norwegian "Thor" arc: no explanation. Australian dust storm. Kid with a fish in his lung. WTF? Well it was in India.

Mysteries of the Deep on Quest.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 January 2024, 16:20.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

<sing>Sally is a bold Barbadian beauty. Weh, heh Sally oh.</sing>
          <sing>Always in a hurry to do her duty. Hi lo John Brown, stand to your ground.</sing>
          <sing>My Sally girl she stows some cargo. Weh, heh Sally oh.</sing>
          <sing>She stows it fore and stows it aft oh. Hi lo John Brown, stand to your ground.</sing>

bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. Dry. Currently 3 degrees ('feels like' 1) and that's the high for the day. Barometer down to 1025 mBar.

Off to the theatre with a friend today to see a matinee dance performance followed by dinner and cocktails.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and rather Simpsonesque out. Mild enough for January too, being at 6°C (as high as it'll get today) though it's expected to drop to 0° tonight. The barometers are down at 1012/1020mB

Inspection of my feet reveals several broken blisters caused by the wearing of respectable shoes yesterday, so I shall be seeking to minimise the amount of perambulation I do today

Comment

Did I mention the chocolate buffet? Because my Dad died after being in hospital for his birthday, and just before Christmas, there were loads of boxes of chocolates he'd received or had been going to receive from various people. In my case alone, I'd got him an M&S Swiss assortment, a Thornton's Continental dark chocolate assortment, and a tub of Quality Street.

So at the wake, after the main buffet had been eaten, we set them all out on a table for everybody to dip into. I took along a load of sweet bags I bought off Amazon, in case people weren't hungry enough to eat it all; and sure enough, almost everybody left with a bag of sweets and we got rid of the lot

Comment

Sardine (tomato sauce) toasties for lunch

Comment

Tea has been KFC, because it doesn't involve going any further than downstairs to the front door

I hadn't noticed before that if you order it via Just Eat, it works out about £2 cheaper than if you order it on the KFC website because of various extra charges KFC adds at checkout

Comment

Picked up Loony Lady 1 from airport. Nightmare as job finding her, her phone wasn't working. Difficult finding space in car park, didn't think so many people would be travelling at this time of year. In multi story car parks I always feel like I'm in a horror movie.
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X