• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Rainy grey day again, and not even that mild as a result: currently 3°C and not expected to get beyond 5°. The barometers are pessimistic at 976/984mB

BUT: Friday!

Comment

Just phoned the tyre place and they said to come down any time, no appointment necessary

I want to set off right now, but a meeting we normally have on Thursday afternoon has been moved to 9:30 this morning for one week only

Oh well, I'll pop round after standup. On past experience, it'll take less than an hour to sort out once it's in their capable hands

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Sunny.

Hail.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 11.3 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

986 mBar, 29.11656 in Hg, 739.56 Torr, 14.3 psi, (up from 984 when tapped, down from 996 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of September 2019 I found a dvd of Rambo III in Neath having recently bought another in Cardiff for a good deal more, whereas WTFH was picking figs & growing tomatoes, and the CUK server was having a funny five minutes. Well it's a change from the funny days it has now.

Hail in sunshine. Odd.

Feck. Every 4 years I have to remember how to change the date on the watches. Ho hum.

Maybe I won't bother: the one in the watch pocket of the jeans stayed on GMT all year. Even after going through the washing machine & falling out onto the lawn when pegged out on the line.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine & hail. The tops of the mountains are white further up the valley.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: the Eco thing on R4 all about water supply, sewers, rivers, Bazalgette etc.

NZ customs thing. Meth concealed in a bench top grinder. More meth concealed in two copper lampshades.

Canadian customs thing. Some Heisenberg quality crystal concealed in a deep fat frier.

Oz customs thing. Nice chap getting some elderly friends to smuggle in ephedrine for him concealed in packets of Vietnamese "food". He did 267 days for it. Chinese chap with fake passport & driving license: no idea WTF was going on there: back on the plane to China.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click> <click> <click> <click>

The Mentalist S1 E5.

Vanished Wales: Coleg Harlech (this made it to 2017). Ebbw Vale Steelworks (2002). The Austin J40 Junior pedal car factory staffed by disabled ex miners (1971 for pedal cars, 1999 for car parts).

They ought to do all the places I've worked that aren't there any more: Granada TV Rental, Telebank, 3M Gorseinon, Siliconix Morriston, etc. etc. etc.

NZ by Train. Volcanoes, bridge disasters, crater lakes.

Cracking the Code: Encrochat. .

History's greatest mysteries: The Sodder Children disappearance.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 March 2024, 19:43.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with patches of blue. Much rain overnight and this morning with more showers due until lunchtime. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 3) with a high of 8 expected. Barometer down to 993 mBar.

In the hairdressers this morning getting the greys painted over. The rain stopped shortly before I left the house and hopefully I'll be able to dodge it on the way back.

Invoice day today.

Comment

Probably damp walk with ll1 later.

Unexpected good walk yesterday. I hate all these new housing states going up but one good thing about them is that they usually have some nice open access areas so stopped off at one yesterday on way to boring shop. Found there was a huge area that had been opened up behind it.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Grey hairs have been successfully banished for a few weeks. Just a couple of spots of rain on the short walk home.

Forgot to report that I put a towel wash on before I went out; that sounds like it's on its final spin cycle.

Comment

The car and I popped round to the tyre place. They were busy, as they always are, but after about thirty minutes a chap took the offending wheel off for a look. Turned out it was something to do with the valve seat, and more generally the age of the wheels. So they had the tyre off and cleaned the wheel up and applied paste and so on, and put it back on along with a recommendation that I get the wheels refurbished - which I'd been thinking of doing anyway since Wheeler Dealers made me aware that it was a thing

Coming back, there's a carpenter's van parked out the front as somebody in the other end of the block is having their kitchen done. I could have squeezed into the space behind it, but I assume they'll need access to the back door for loading and unloading of sawhorses and such, so I parked in the little car park round the back instead

And then lunch: bacon butties, and very nice too

Comment

Loony lady 1 walk. Had to shelter under tree a couple of times during brief showers but mostly quite nice and sunny. Weather forecasters are such pessimists!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: southern not-fried chicken with chips and ketchup

Accompanied by a bit of Trucking Hell

Comment

Milan Fashion Week is over, and I am home

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X