• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Just been told there's a weather warning for heavy rain at midday. Plus ca change.
    And lo, the weather warning was correct. Rain until 3am tomorrow (allegedly).
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A bloke called Noah has just knocked on the door and asked if we have a male and female dog that would like to go on a boat trip for 40 days.

Unfortunately, the male is about to go out for his afternoon meeting with me.

Comment

Tea: pork steaks with chips and beans

Comment

Much rain this afternoon/evening. It seems to have taken a pause for now but more is forecast

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Much rain this afternoon/evening. It seems to have taken a pause for now but more is forecast
            Looking at the weather radar, it seems you might have quite a bit to come, or it might swirl around in such a way that the worst of it only grazes West London

Tonight's viewing was an episode of The Emergency Room on All4, which is set in an Australian hospital. Not much different to a British one except the bloke with the crushed kidney got it playing Aussie rules football rather than rugby

And then I finished A Pattern of Islands. I don't have his second book, Return to the Islands, though my school library had it so I read it many years ago. It doesn't seem to be in print (though Pattern is) so I'll have to have a look for it on Abe Books

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather gloomy start out, though the rain has carefully avoided us this time. Currently 3°C and not rising above 6°, while the barometers are trivially down at 988/996mB

Comment

Morning all
                TFIF, etc.

A lovely walk earlier, heard the dawn chorus as we were heading out (first time in a while), and probably the last 20 minutes of the return journey were done without the need for a head torch.

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sun coming up.

Chilly in here at 11.8 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 9.5 deg in the leanto, 4.7 deg in the saltinghouse.

1001 mBar, 29.5595 in Hg, 750.8117 Torr, 14.5183 psi, (up from 998 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Would have been a good idea if I'd actually locked the back door last night. .

Shirts & smalls in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 13th of August 2019 I took some Microvitec Cub monitors down the tip & had an argument (5 minutes, not the full half hour) with a minion who declared them to be trade waste but in they went eventually, plus a mention of SIGSALLY from some programme about smartphones on BBC4.

Shirts & smalls pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM: it starts raining, all back in, shirts in the TD.

Cottons & smalls back out on the line.

Freecell score: something, running average: 86%.

Lunch: there was lunch: beans.

Shirts out of the TD.

Smalls in off the line & in the TD, it's raining again.

Entertainment: whatever isn't Y&Y on R4: just one thing, someone talking about submersibles. TWATO.

Smalls out of the TD & airing upstairs, shirts roughly iRoned & ditto.

Cottons in off the line & in the TD.

Walk (abbreviated) walked. It fecking rained even more on me.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%.

Cottons out of the TD & iRoned where needed.

Fecking weather forecast: zero precipitation: actuallity: pissing down on & off as soon as the cottons came out of the machine.

Tea: there was tea.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Some other crap.

Minute by Minute: emergency. Seaplane crash in Perth during an air display.

It reminded me of the Fairchild AFB B52 crash which proved that stalling a B52 is A Bad Idea and doesn't end well. In a lot of ways it's worse for the families watching.

Spanish customs thing. Dried fish is ok. Kilos of coke, not so much. Smuggling cigarettes can lose you your car and cost 2k euros in fines.

"Peppermint (2018)": more ultraviolence.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 January 2024, 18:02.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but bright. Damp from overnight rain. Currently 5 degrees ('feels like' 3) with a high of 7 expected. No rain forecast! Woo! Barometer down to 1002 mBar.

Was woken around 03:15 by noises. My mind, in its half asleep state, disappeared down a route of wondering if there was someone in the house who shouldn't be. I usually have my bedroom ajar rather than fully closed and thought it was fully closed at one point. This can happen when there's a through breeze from open windows. Except there were no open windows. What did spook me was the PIR light coming on in the landing (it's there as a night light as there's a few steps down then up again to get to the bathroom and I'd rather not turn on the main light just for a midnight widdle). Did the door reopen in the 'breeze' and trigger it? I will never know. After scaring myself silly for 15-20 minutes I came to the conclusion that there was no-one else in the house and the noise was probably the wind. Maybe I should give Danny Robins a call to include this event in the next episode of Uncanny.

Comment

Lunch has been some of the turkey soup I made yesterday with a crust of wholemeal

It's OK, but nowhere near as good as my Mum used to make

However, I'll be eating it for some time to come as there are seven more portions of it to go in the freezer

Comment

Working...
                      X