• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Tuesday.

Wet, very wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

978.5 mBar, 28.895 in Hg, 733.935 Torr, 14.1919 psi, (down from 988 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 12th of August 2019 NF thought it was getting a little chilly at 21.5 deg , whereas I was experiencing the usual deluge of old women & sticks, rather similar to today though I dare say the rain was a bit warmer that it is currently.

Definition of "HNY": a triumph of hope over experience. Bah fecking Humbug.

Now 977.5 mBar. .

Freecell score in the unending tedium of grey gloom, torrential rain, gales, & no sunshine: 94%, running average:86%

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: nothing to speak of.

977 mBar. .

The recent squall hurtled up the valley with an accompanying roaring sound. The jackdaws were overjoyed.

It's nice to see them so happy.

Book. Nearly finished.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

"Invasions" on PBS. The Beaker Folk et al.

Scotland Yard "The Wings of Death (1961)": Good to see Mr Corbett again (that's Harry H. rather than the chap with his hand up Sooty's arse) with a rather curious "Scotish" accent.

985 mBar now.

Digging for Britain (possibly). Maybe not since it verges on "Joy of Painting" for . Pink hair.

Maigret S8 E1 "Mrs Four and her children (1999)".

A bit of "Red Dawn (1984)" more pure hokum. Unfortunately without Rambo.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 January 2024, 22:56.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Nerdle appears to be down today
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dull, grey, and wet in the northern provinces.

First day back after my first furlough... grim. I'm not sure that I'm cut out for working for a living.

HYN.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Nerdle appears to be down today
          It's back!

Comment

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup and white toast

It's absolutely teeming down now, and has been for a while, and will be for a while longer

First morning back has been survived. An email had arrived on my first Friday off which, when I read it, reminded me of what exactly I was working on when I finished. This was helpful because I didn't have a clue

Bit worn out now though, so I'm taking a slightly extended lunch break

Comment

The weather is pretty terrible today. Very windy, much rain.

Discovered I'm expected on site tomorrow for a meeting due to start at 08:30. If the weather is going to be like this, I think I'll drive in.

Comment

Tea has been chicken madras with rice and naan

My appetite is returning, and I wasn't reduced to a crumpled wreck by the exertion of cooking. I'm also not having to blow my nose as often, so the lurgy is definitely on the retreat.

Still got that heavy post-viral fatigue thing going on though. Ah well, I should be back to full strength for the funeral next week, where I'm doing the reading in the church (same one from Corinthians I as my Mum had) and then Dylan Thomas's Fern Hill at the crematorium

Comment

Tonight's only viewing has been a new episode of Traffic Cops

And later, I read more of A Pattern of Islands. I suspect it was quite unusual for a British colonial administrator in the 1910s or 1920s to spend several hours receiving sacred serpentine tattoos all the way up both arms from one of the tribes he administered, created with a five-needle appliance carved from the tattooist's grandfather's shinbone

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite a lot of cloud about, with some pink tinges to the north-east as the sun takes even longer to get up than I did. Chance of rain in a bit, but it looks like just a shower, not anything like yesterday's deluge. Currently 7°C and maybe reaching 9° for a bit, while the barometers are barely changed at 975/983mB

The lurgy is in full retreat now, with greatly reduced sinus blockage, minimal sore throat, and no headache to speak of (or not yet). But still a tremendous weariness possesses my frame, and will do for a week or so if past experience is any guide

Comment

Morning all

It wasn't blowing a hooley nor were there waterfalls of rain earlier. In fact, apart from a couple of spits it was dry. The lighter clouds meant it wasn't pitch black either.
                      Clouds are now dispersing and it looks like the sun may make an appearance.

In other news the Monday bin collection (all play this week) was today at 7.20 for recycling and 8.00 for black bin, instead of the usual 10-11am. Good job I'd put them out last night.

Comment

Working...
                      X