• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been lamb steaks with chips and beans

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      A letter on blue notepaper, letterhead reading "British Museum".

Barry Bloomfield later published a number of works, including A Bibliography of Philip Larkin. Cyprian Blagden, who was the son of the Bishop of Peterborough, published a history of the Worshipful Company of Stationers. And Sir Frank Chalton Francis laid much of the groundwork for the creation of the British Library during his time as Director of the British Museum

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again, with a fine drizzle - if it got any finer, it'd be getting called "fog" instead. Currently 9°C with no more than 10° predicted (and that only for an hour at lunchtime), nothing clearer likely, but the barometers are soaring upwards, relatively speaking, at 1010/1018mB

Comment

Morning all
          Day 2 of no heating or hot water here. Good job I had a load of firewood ready, but still, it's cold.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast. Bit of a breeze. No precipitation forecast. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a high of 11 expected. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Woke around 5am, don't know why. Am tired as a result.

Laundry in the WM, it's just gone onto the spin cycle so that means I ought to clear the airers of the bed linen that's been there for days to make room.

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

There's building work going on next door, but it didn't begin until 08:30ish so quite civilised really.

Dry.

Grey.

Blue sky in parts.

Not sunny for some reason.

Chilly in here at 14.5 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1022 mBar, 30.18 in Hg, 766.56 Torr, 14.8228 psi, (up from 1013 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of July 2019 there was much discussion of broken 6.35mm (1/4") jacks & how to remove the broken off bit from the socket. Much heat, less light.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the dry grey gloom. The looks rather odd.

Lunch: baked spud. etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y on Black Friday <click>

Freecell score: 96%, running average: 86% (85.84%).

Just lost the filling out of the root canal. Feck feck feck feckity feck feck feck.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S8 E2 Mini Moke. MOT ran out at the beginning of October.

Scotland Yard "The Dover Road Mystery (1959)". Souped up Ford Zephyr has a turn of speed greater than the pursuing Wolseley 6/99 (wasn't a 6/80). Twin carbs, gas flowed head, high (8.3:1 ) compression ratio: good for at least 100mph. .

That chap with the colourful attire is in Kielder Forest looking at trees.

Maigret in Finland (1996).

Massive Engineering Mistakes. Cedar Rapids Iowa: bridge footings scoured away in a flood, bridge replaced with proper footing using piles down to bedrock. Texas City Refinery explosion: failed level sensor. Melbourne viewing wheel cracked up: low cycle fatigue: scrap it & design it properly. Denmark E46 widening: bridge collapse due to badly designed formwork during construction.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 November 2023, 08:43.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Good job I had a load of firewood ready, but still, it's cold.
                Moving house imminently, well hopefully imminently, new place has a woodburner/multi-fuel.

Any suggestions as to wood or coal/coke/any old tulip being best and/or easiest to get hold of?

I'm guessing coal/similar for use this year - I expect seasoned timber is premium £

Obviously, if immenence happens, I'll look into getting a stock for next winter

Comment

Chicken and barley soup with a bit of wholemeal for lunch

Comment

Tea was leftover ribs and chips from the other night

A bit better for a blast in the air fryer, but I still won't be getting them from that place again

Comment

Tonight's viewing was the second episode of Parole. It seems that punching another prisoner in the face, albeit in self defence, eleven months before your hearing isn't the best way to get transferred to a Cat D

And other than that I spent some time on the interesting problem of integrating a GameplayKit state machine with SwiftUI. Not quite working yet, but only because my knowledge of Swift is still a bit lacking in some areas; the fundamental approach appears to be sound

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X