• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eeeh, too many things on. Doing all the U3A stuff that the late loony lady 2 used to do. Only one in the groups who can do the techy & accounting stuff. Boring AGM today then ran another loony lady to the station. We have this long running thing that we hate each other but get on quite well actually. Loony lady 3 tomorrow and loony lady 1 Friday.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

No further telly this evening, but I managed to sort out some more of the state machine stuff

I've been feeling very run down this week, with a tendency to get tired by early afternoon and the occasional headache. Bit of a runny nose now and then, too. I did a Covid test just in case and that was clear, so it's probably just a mild cold. I shall get another early night and see if it's better tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Allegedly the plumber is coming around 9.30 tomorrow morning to fit the new pump to the boiler, so we’ll have hot water and heat. Managed to get the fire kicking out enough heat to raise the downstairs temperature up to 15C.

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy but with big gaps today, so maybe there'll be sunny spells, though apparently it'll also be very windy. The temperatures are mild for late November (traditionally regarded as the period after the anniversary of the assassination of JFK) at 10°C rising to 13°, and the barometers are down a little at 1012/1020mB

Comment

Morning all
            Outside temp 10, inside 14.
            Boilerman here doing his thing.

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Grey.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 14.2 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1026 mBar, 30.9776 in Hg, 769.56 Torr, 14.88 psi, (unchanged), 72% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of July 2019 NF was watching S1E2 of "Survivors (1975)" wherein it was all turning to crap, whereas I watched "On Golden Pond" for some unknown & unknowable reason, I suspect a lot being in FF.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom, though it seems almost warmish.

Lunch: baked spud.

Entertainment: Y&Y gap finders: precious metal jewellery. Sliced Bread: vacuum cleaners: don't bother with robot vacs.

TWATO for the usual good news.

Minor gardening done: roses pruned (i.e. massacred, it seems to gee them up), chunks chopped off the apple tree & the pear tree in preparation for pruning with extreme prejudice later on, the detritus has been heaped ready for the next conflagration.

Knackered now & it's only 15:45.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S8 E4 Frogeye Sprite. The one that doesn't appear on the MOT check site IIRC.

Villages by the sea: Seaton sluice. Sounds lovely.

Daleks in Color(tm).

Art of Film: Comedy. I don't do comedy.

Trucking Hell S7 E18.

​​​​​​​
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 November 2023, 18:55.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dry and bright albeit cloudy. Currently 12 degrees ('feels like' 10) with a high of 13 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer down to 1025 mBar.

Took the car to Autoglass for the windscreen to be replaced. Discovered a number of chips that meant replace rather than repair. The location is in a Homebase car park which isn't exactly amenable for the 2.5 hour wait. Didn't realise there was a MacDonalds next door that I could have taken my laptop to and camped out at. Instead, I ended up getting an Uber home so I could kill an hour or so (looking busy online) before figuring out how to get back to pick the car up.

The coffee machine has been bleating about needing descaling for a couple of days so I've got that on the go. Rookie mistake - should have made a cuppa before kicking off the cleaning process.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 23 November 2023, 10:01. Reason: speling

Comment

Decided to take the bus to collect the car. Much cheaper but took twice as long.

On arrival, I was informed that the rear-view mirror broke. The bracket that attaches it to the windscreen sheared off as they tried to remove it from the old windscreen. It's been there for nearly 20 years, I'm not surprised it was very firmly in situ and brittle. They automatically ordered a replacement and will send someone round to fit it when it arrives.

The drive back was odd and it took me a while to twig that the height of the steering wheel had been changed. That has now been rectified.

Waiting on a client of clientCo to provide some info so it looks like not much work will be going on this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Morning all
                    Outside temp 10, inside 14.
                    Boilerman here doing his thing.
                    Outside 12, inside 19. Boilerman has suggested we keep the heating on all day to get the walls a bit warmer and to vent the radiators.

ClientCo's VPN fell over and the attempt to repair it has led to an attempted bodge by the 3rd party support team, who have installed something with an expired certificate. Several of us refusing to log in, explaining that it goes against ClientCo policy to ignore warnings and run unapproved/uncertified/expired software.
                    In the words of Tess & Claud... Keeeeeep Billing

Comment

Lunch earlier was a roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) with a bag of plain crisps

Whatever this lurgy is has delivered its usual afternoon headache. I might knock off a bit early, as it doesn't feel like I'm getting very much done

Comment

Working...
                      X