• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Chilly start out, with a layer of frost on the roofs of the outbuildings. Currently just reaching 2°C, with no better than 4° expected; barometers heading down at 1011/1019mB

Going to get a bit warmer tonight though, with a chance of a spot of rain, and tomorrow will see a high of 11°

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Wednesday apparently, though, without the Oz customs thing I'm finding it difficult to keep up.
      Indeed. Pick appears to have mutated into the Hallmark Christmas Movie channel for the duration

Comment

Afternoon all

Blue sky with bits of fluff about. Currently 5 degrees ('feels like' 3) and that's the high for the day. Barometer continues its downward trend to 1022 mBar.

Working today, but felt rubbish this morning. My arm hurts from the booster jab and I had a terrible night's sleep as a result and a horrible headache when I got up. Managed to drag myself out of bed for the 0900 stand-up and then took some painkillers before going back to bed for an hour. Feeling much better now.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        A 70mph speed limit is applied to all rural roads, including motorways in the UK 1965

Comment

Lunch: leftover beef chow mein, quickly refried then left to go cold again because my Mum phoned, literally as I was raising the first forkful to my mouth. Still very nice once I was finally able to eat it, though

Comment

I was expecting a delivery this afternoon, but got an email last night saying it would be delayed. Yet the company website still showed it as due this afternoon. So I used their online chat thing and apparently it's now coming some time tomorrow, so I don't have to sit here waiting.

Not sure what I'll sit here doing instead…

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Chilly out; supposed be 2°C but a "feels like" score of 0°

No LFTs again

And on my return, I put on the towel wash I forgot to put on yesterday despite having loaded the machine

Comment

My rescheduled delivery tomorrow will be between 8am and 11am, which is not as good as the 2pm to 5pm I was originally promised for today

Suppose I'll have to get a reasonably early night tonight now

Comment

Towel wash done and draped

It's raining out

Comment

Still feeling a bit meh. Mainly tired and dehydrated so I will be getting an early night in the hope that I wake refreshed enough to drive to the parentals tomorrow.

Took a walk down to the parcel post box by Earl's Court Station to send off cake and a present that finally arrived today after being ordered a month ago. Forgot to check for LFTs.

Comment

All presents, such as they are, wrapped. Knackered now

It looks like I will in fact be meeting up with the rest of the family for Christmas, which will be either a nice change or the death of all of us, depending

I'll head down on Christmas morning. I was thinking of maybe even coming back Christmas night, but staying overnight isn't going to do anybody any more harm than might already have been done, so I might as well at least be able to have a drink

Comment

Working...
                      X