• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite a productive day today

The mundane laundry has been done, which reminds me that there was a bedding wash yesterday that I failed to record

Down on the lawn, the seagull is back and getting stuck into the dead rat, which includes dragging it around a lot in an attempt to get at the choice bits

A magpie was stood a few feet away watching for a minute or two, probably annoyed by this interloper stealing its snacks, but wisely (given the disparity in size) decided not to make a scene and went elsewhere

Comment

Shopping done

I went to Not As Big Sainsbury's this time. It's nearer, but the stuff tends to be a little more limited

Anyway, it's out of the way now so that's one less thing to think about

Comment

Tea was some pre-prepared thing from Sainsbury's as it was convenient, to wit, slow-cooked Kansas-style boneless beef ribs. Pleasant enough in its way, I suppose, but all these supermarket things taste fairly similar to me. Still, it went down OK with some chips and there's some left over for a snack

Some of the opal hunters had great success, with one team hitting double their target of AUS$100K. And there was also some stuff involving the difficulty of putting a drill in the right place when you want to create a new air shaft that's supposed to wind up in a tunnel some way away from your starting point, which is the sort of mining engineering stuff they should have more of, as it's more interesting than yet another digger breaking down from leaky hydraulics

Following that, a new episode of Police Interceptors

And finally, S1E6 of The Royle Family, in which Denise and Dave's wedding day finally comes around

Then I spent some time chopping up lamb and veg so I could get a batch of Scotch broth going in the slow cooker overnight

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all, local time 1018

Bright but cloudy. Currently 28 degrees ('feels like' 34) with a high of 30 expected. 84% humidity.

Off to see a palace and a fat bloke lying down

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out and a bit breezy, but a tad milder at 14°C with 20° expected later. The barometers are down a little more at 1008/1015mB

The aroma of Scotch broth stage 1 from the slow cooker suffuses the flat this morning. Need to get that moved on to stage 2 soon

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Damp.

Cool in here at 18.6 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 17.5 deg in the leanto.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.56 Torr, 14.764 psi, (unchanged), 77% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 16th of July 2019 I was spring cleaning again and getting rid of books to, wait for it, wait for it, Oxfam. They must fecking love me. Oh, and it was hot. And, apparently, there was a partial lunar eclipse which was unobservable from here.

Freecell score in the grey gloom: 38%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: TWATO and the graphs thing at 13:45.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 86%. Not in the zone today.

Shopping trip to Morrisons in the grey gloom done dusted washed dried sanitsed & put away.

Glorious dog turds outside the chippy at the top of the road.

Freecell score: 92%, running average: 86%.

Tea: there was tea.

Entertainment: PM. Apparently we all brush our teeth incorrectly.

JoP.

Ghosts. April Fool.

Dial 999 S1 E15 "Ghost Squad". There were no ghosts in this.

Whatever bollox is on Blaze: Strangest Things: The standard of Ur, the Perkins steam machine gun, the Holman steam projector, the Teocali stone.

What on earth? sat photo thing: Footprints in a river spotted from space: not Bigfoot but dino, NK erased village: fatboy's uncle upset him: erased, the Stirling Knot Garden: buried stone circle, the bridge between India & Sri Lanka mentioned in ancient texts.

Swedish customs thing. Stinking meat from Africa. Lots of smuggled beer. You need a licence for a starting pistol. Buying a tulipload of el cheapo crap clothing from Turkey leads to stress.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 October 2023, 09:54.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been ham toasties

There's painters and decorators in the flat next door, presumably slapping the magnolia everywhere, preparatory to the arrival of estate agents

And I thought I heard some movement in the flat upstairs yesterday, though I may be wrong as the sound insulation is good here. That one's been on the market for a year or so now. But it needs the bathroom and kitchen sorting out, so even though the price has been dropped a couple of times, the purchaser still has to budget for about twenty grand and a load of additional hassle before they can even move in. Maybe they're going to try to spruce the place up a bit to get it shifted.

Comment

Tea has been a thick-cut ribeye with chips, fried onions and beans

The opal hunters all seemed happy enough

Comment

Was going to be a lonely few days as loony ladies 1 and 3 are away, but was invited in to neighbours earlier, now got loony lady 2 tomorrow, and then my son made a rare contact, so lunch at nice pub on Sunday.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all, local time 0918

Sunny start to the day although the ever present risk of thunderstorms and rain remains. Currently 28 degrees ('feels like' 33) with a high of 31 expected. 88% humidity.

There was lightening last night but no thunder. Didn't get to see the reclining Buddha yesterday as I was melted from walking seeing the Jade Buddha and Grand Palace. Today we're going to Chinatown.

Comment

Working...
                      X