• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew, moral dilemma avoided. Got a wasp nest in attic but couldn't bring myself to hurt little waspies. Seems I can just wait a couple of months and remove it when it's empty, they don't re-use them.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: meatballs in Dutch-influenced gravy with chips

The magpies have been back at the dead rat. There was even a seagull near it when I knocked off; we don't usually get them here, though there's some who hang around over on the park like a gang of errant teenagers. I expect one of the local foxes will come across it tonight and drag it off under the hedge to get stuck in in peace

Comment

Mediocre results for the opal hunters tonight

And then a bunch of Apple Developer videos about Swift Data, followed by some more H.G. Wells short stories

It sounded like the police helicopter was buzzing around for a while just now. Don't often get it over this neighbourhood

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all, local time 0908

Cloudy. Currently 28 degrees ('feels like' 34) with a high of 31 expected. Thunderstorms forecast. 88% humidity.

Yesterday evening I commented to HWMBO about how we had only spits of rain throughout the day and then the heavens opened. Wat Arun and Wat Hong Rattanram were both very impressive. King Taksin's Shrine looked a bit naff in comparison but the story behind it was interesting.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out and a chance of light rain this morning. Currently 12°C and expected to get to 17°, while the barometers are down a little at 1010/1018mB

As expected, the remains of the rat have vanished overnight, probably borne off to the hedgerow by some creature of the night

Comment

Local time 1432

30 degrees ('feels like' 37) and 75% humidity.

Got the boat over to the other side of the river for a mooch around some street art and to see an exhibition by an artist I follow.

Now back in the hotel as I've got a chat with an agent about a possible new contract in half an hour.

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Damp.

Grey.

Cool in here at 18.2 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 17.5 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (unchanged), 77% RH (GDR hair), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

The recycling & waste disposal engineers made their way along the road earlier.

Meanwhile on the 16th of July 2019 PhilTheGreek had summer squash soup (sans bread) for lunch, and NF treated us to description of his pate for lunch plus relating a story of an old lady he used to know back in the day, who'd worked until she was 86.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: the Y&Y Sliced Bread thing about induction hobs.

Freecell score in the grey of the afternoon: 90%, running average: 86%

Freecell score: 84%, running average: 86%.

Mowed 3 of next door's lawns since they were getting a bit long, ditto the new bit at the bottom of my big lawn, it being seeded with the same sort of stuff from Wilko, much more vigorous than the previous boxes of seed.

The bit I didn't get around to seeding back in June coz it was too dry is now a jungle again & will require more prep before it gets seeded, depending on the health or otherwise of The Back.

I think I'll move the gooseberry bushes too, so that it's a clear run.

Some magnificent spider's webs out there at the moment.

Tea: chilli con carne etc.

Entertainment: PM.

No JoP today. Read book.

Trucking Hell S7 E something or other. (New). It was that or the Movies thing about Terminator II which is repeated on Sunday.

Something else. Oh yes, the ever memorable Wheeler Dealers S17 Part II E something: Fiat 600: they found the only one that hasn't dissolved by buying one from Sardinia. Mildly inneresting, watched with subtitles so I didn't have to listen to Tub o'Lard. The mechanic chap used to work in Formula One, you know.

Abandoned Engineering. One I hadn't seen before. Some lunatic town of castles in ?Turkey? another abandoned theatre/cinema (or was that yesterday? it's all a blur). Another crazy Finnish thing built by some old coot, much admired by the artistic community.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 October 2023, 09:27.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

General - its dead Jim..
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch has been some leftover roast spuds and lamb from the other night

The dead rat's back!

I saw a magpie having a good old peck at something so checked with the binoculars and yes, it's either the same dead rat or a new one. It's moved about twenty yards across the lawn to this side, though. I didn't think to look closely at this side this morning, so I'm not sure if it was there after being moved by something overnight, or if it's been dragged back out, or what. I did notice one of the neighbourhood cats poking around under the hedgerow on this side first thing this morning, so maybe that has something to do with matters?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      General - its dead Jim..
                      Thanks to performance errors when you try to post.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X