• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brief thunderstorm!

Lunch was more leftover KFC

It's not been a bad day. A couple of meetings along the lines of what's left to do, though the main one of those is tomorrow afternoon, so I mostly got on with Terraform stuff; I think I'm about there with that

And my new team is all switching over to the quarterly firebreak as of Wednesday, a week when everybody takes a break to work on something they're interested in rather than the day-to-day stuff. I won't be participating, as I'll have enough to do getting the old project over the line in time for my possible week off

Comment

Tea: a roast shoulder of lamb dinner

Sainsbury's have finally started selling whole shoulders again, so some fine Scotch broth will be on the menu in a few days

Several bouts of thunder and lightning earlier, along with lots of rain, but it seems to have settled down now

Comment

Morning all, Doha calling, local time 0027

Can't see much but it's apparently clear and dry out. Currently 31 degrees ('feels like' 37) with a high of 38 expected.

Will be boarding our flight to Bangkok in about an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all, Doha calling, local time 0027

Comment

The opal hunters had varying but mostly satisfactory results, as usual

And the gold hunters varied from doing all right to, in the case of one team, deciding to pack it in completely

And whilst dining, there was the second half of S7E2 of Trucking Hell.

There's been more heavy rain, though no additional lightning

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens (timezone-related alternatives are available)

Bit of a grey start, not helped by the sun now being below the artificial horizon created by the block opposite and neighbouring tall trees at this sort of time, but it's expected to be a bit brighter later in the day, though it's also going to get a bit breezy from late morning on. A bit cooler too: currently 10°C with an expected high of 16°. The barometers are down rather at 1002/1010mB

Comment

Afternoon all, Bangkok calling, local time 1400

It's cloudy but currently dry. Currently 31 degrees ('feels like' 42) and that is the high for the day. Rain and thunderstorms forecast.

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Grey.

Cool.

Wanly sunny.

Drily damp.

18.2 deg in here, 20 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1013.5 mBar, 29.928 in Hg, 760.18 Torr, 14.699 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 16th of July 2019 I was watching a documentary about the Apollo program: 11, 12, & 13, involving what to do if your rocket is struck by lightning, whereas NF decided to keep the sun out by leaving the curtains closed & WTFH wasn't looking forward to the heat of the day.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click> Well it's a phonein with all that implies.

Freecell score: so so.

Tea: there was tea of sorts.

Entertainment: PM.

Colonel March of Scotland Yard E25: The new invisible man (1956).

Scotland Yard: The White Cliffs Mystery (1957). Murder on an express train.

JoP. JoP.

The Human Jungle "Enemy Outside (1965)". Read book instead.

Rise of the NAZIs: Part III: Barbie gets his comeuppance.

Maigret's Mistake (1994). The one about the doctor.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 October 2023, 22:17.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

We have indeed had a thunderstorm. Sadly the cloud cover is too low for the lightening to cause much excitement.

Comment

Lunch: sweet chilli chicken bits in a wholemeal bap with a bag of plain crisps

So far, this week has been much less busy than I might have expected. I suspect it'll continue that way; I don't really have a huge amount to do on the old project, and what there is tends to depend on other people getting other stuff done, like deciding on organisational stuff and so on. Can't complain

Long meeting due later this afternoon though, in which things will get properly planned out. Maybe there'll be an unpleasant surprise or two in there for me

Comment

Working...
                      X