• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Due to Samsung being useless and the TV failing to record unless it's switched on (which never used to be the case) I only caught the last few minutes of the opal hunters, but they seemed happy enough

And later, a couple of new episodes of Police Interceptors because I couldn't be bothered with anything more intellectually stimulating/demanding

I see the BBC are showing I Claudius but not all episodes are on iPlayer yet, so I'll wait for the rest to show up before starting. I was thinking recently that it's been a while since I've watched that, so it's good timing on their part

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, with the weather app asserting that it's foggy, though it isn't right here. Mild enough at 16°C with 23° expected later, the barometers are down at 1004/1012mB, and there's a thunderstorm warning until lunchtime with rain predicted here in about half an hour

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Big Sainsbury's has been gone to and the shopping done

I was sole mask-wearer as usual
        They'll start playing the William Tell Overture when you walk in, Ke-mo Sa-bee.

Morning.

Friday apparently. .

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Dry. (So far).

Sunless.

Cool in here at 21.4 deg, 23 deg in the kitchen, 21.5 deg in the leanto.

1006 mBar, 29.7071 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi (down from 1009 last night assuming I tapped it), 75% RH (GDR hair), 77% RH (Lidl electric).

Not much happened on the 4th of July 2019 though Brillo made an appearance.

Freecell score: 100% (of 13), running average: 86% (85.5 something %).

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage EOS11 "Serendipity".

I wonder if anyone else remembers Serendipity Dog (on the programme "Tom Tom" it transpires) from long long ago & far far away in Black & White.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86% (85.57%).

Tea: Brains faggots with peas & mash, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment (due to the endless harping on one subject on PM): The Infinite Monkey Cage S12 USA tour: New York. Not as good as the UK sited productions.

Joy of Painting. Strong

Joy of Painting.

Look at Life: golden balls wings: 50 years of UK aircraft. Bygone glories from WWI to the Harrier, the Lightning, and the Vulcan. Not forgetting the Shackleton which soldiered on until 1991.

Dial 999 E30: Payroll Job. Did they really use VW camper vans for ferrying money about in the 1950s?

Strangest Things on Blaze. (Now that's got some competition & no mistake). The skull of Phineas Gage: tamping rod through the head. Neolithic multitool. The bat bomb.

What on Earth? on Blaze. Fort Rock Oregon: volcanic crater. Searching for hidden Nazi gold in Poland. The fundamentalist nutjobs destroying Timbuktu.

Blaze was breaking up on Freesat and on Freeview, just to irritate the crap out of me (which doesn't take much, it must be admitted).

Godfather III: the death of Michael Corleone. The 2020 recut.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 August 2023, 22:10.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning. Clear, bright, and warming up nicely. It's going to be a good day.

It's been a bit busy on the board already, so I may pop to the shops for a bit of light relief.

They boy's first part-week at the big school seems to have gone rather well. Better that expected in fact, so long may that continue.

It seems that the second interview earlier this week went rather well and that I'll be starting a new gig in September. Woohoo!

Laters.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
            It seems that the second interview earlier this week went rather well and that I'll be starting a new gig in September. Woohoo!
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just realised it's my sister's birthday tomorrow and I haven't got her a card!

Problem solved: I ordered one off Amazon, and am having it delivered directly to her address with a gift note explaining who it's from

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                Boomed!

Comment

Afternoon all

It was raining when I got up but that appears to have cleared up and it's quite bright out now, albeit still a bit cloudy. Currently 20 degrees with a high of 24 expected. More rain due this evening. Barometer down to 1017 mBar.

Rubbish sleep. Not helped by being awoken by the unmistakable sound of a cat clawing at carpet, coming from the stairs. I don't have a cat, so I leapt up, turned some lights on (cos investigating in the dark is only done in horror films) and my suspicions were confirmed when I saw a cat on the stairs. I told it it didn't live in my house, which garnered the usual contempt a cat offers. I realised it had made its way in via the office window which I had left open. I duly picked said cat up and put it on the outside ledge of the window and closed it. It wasn't there when I got up.

I was going to say "busy day at the coal face" but it isn't really. I did everything I need to deal this morning with so now I'm coasting until about 5pm when it's log off o'clock and I start to make my way up to Glasgow for the weekend. HMWBO's eldest is in a play at Edinburgh Fringe this month so we're off to see them perform tomorrow.

Oh, and a towel wash has been done and draped on the airer.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I see the BBC are showing I Claudius but not all episodes are on iPlayer yet, so I'll wait for the rest to show up before starting. I was thinking recently that it's been a while since I've watched that, so it's good timing on their part
                    Thanks for the reminder. There was an interview with Brian Blessed and some other chap on R4 in the past two weeks and, in my half awake state at the time, got it in my head there was a remake coming out. Instead it seems it was actually to publicise the repeat and maybe try to drum up interest in a remake.

Comment

Lunch was a Pukka steak slice

Rainy out now, and has been off and on all day

I got around to removing the bedclothes and leaving the bed to air, along with putting the bedding in the wash. This duvet cover is quite heavy fabric, more suitable for winter really, so there'll be separate drying cycles for it and for the sheet and pillowcases. Hoping I remember to make the bed

Comment

Working...
                      X