• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim pause to the day whilst waiting to start dinner. Some marinated curry type of thing in jar to which one adds meat and veg. Could go either way. Time will tell.

Started an odd little something called "The Consultant" on amazon Prime last night. Might prove watchable, but my initial, one word review is "Odd".

Toying with applying for a non-exec, advisory role with a public body up here in the northern provinces... I'm wary, though, given I know some of the history attached to this particular front-line organisation and would tend to avoid professional roles with same for that very reason.

Nice enough out though: warm and dry, but overcast.
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Very Simpsonesque out now, and the big old tree just beyond the block opposite, which seemed to be putting off going into leaf for ages, is now well covered with very vibrant green foliage and gently waving its arms around to create a nice light breeze

Comment

There's a couple sitting out on the lawn, reading. They were out there last evening too. Nice to know the lawn gets used by humans as well as birds, squirrels and the disabled fox

Comment

Just had a nice, relaxing Radox bath

Comment

Tea: a moderately sized fry-up

Comment

There were the usual Canadian border and New Zealand police things earlier. To accompany tea: Time Team, being a condensed look back at one of their live things covering three separate digs in York. And finally, an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

And so to bed to read some more of Sam Pepys' account of 1666

Goodnight all

Comment

One lawn, the back one, was mowed. The battery charger for the mower died so there wasn't sufficient juice to do the front as well. It wasn't the fuse. My brother came over with the hedge trimmer that I wanted to borrow and gave the front hedges a trim. Took Mum to the local Tesco for provisions.

The drive there and back was tedious with many annoying people on the road and slow moving traffic. I feel my car is not running well and needs 'something'. Probably oil. I also need to get a wriggle on and find a local garage before my MOT runs out next month.

Comment

Fun fact: Episode 1 of Annika on BBC features HWMBO's eldest in a small speaking bit part.

Actually not a bad programme overall. I was initially annoyed by the talking to camera 'fourth wall breaking' but it grew on me over the course of the first two episodes. Seeing as Shetland has finished, this is a pretty decent replacement.

Comment

Morning denizens

A rather grey start out, though not the kind that presages rain, or I don't think so. The weather app agrees, and reckons it'll brighten up around lunchtime, leading to a rise from the current 12°C to 21°. The barometers are down a tiny bit at 1010/1018mB

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Cool in here at 17.4 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (up from 1018 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Yet another dream about working somewhere, an Intel blue box was involved somehow, as was a particularly unpleasant lavatory again. Some woman wanted to tidy up my workspace.

Telex machine is thusly glowing particularly brightly.

Meanwhile on the 8th of June 2019 NF was suffering from the ennui of getting up before noon on a Saturday, whilst I was reading a book about the death of David Kelly (not that I have any recall of same).

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 out, couldn't be arsed to wait so shanks' pony back.

Tis a tad warm out there.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of oat and barley toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about the Ovo scum. TWATO. The thing at 13:45 about Shakespeare.

The patch of soon to be lawn duly treaded, then treaded again at 90 deg, then levelled a bit, then raked, then levelled a bit more, then raked, then the rakings duly riddled. Then I'd have enough & came in.

It'll have to rain a bit before I can seed it since it's like the Gobi desert out there at the moment.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, a yog, some mango slices, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E13 Caterham 7: bought £16k5, total: £, sold: £. Changed the flywheel for a lightened one. Changed the seats. Lowered the floor. Changed the colour. FFS. Inconel heatshield for the exhaust. Buggered about with the ignition switch & starter button. Currently SORN, MOT runs out in September.

Digging for Britain. Dunno where that was, coz it wasn't.

Weatherman Walking. Usk. AKA Brynbuga.

NCIS S19 E13: repeating a story from long long looooooong ago in S1 or S2. S2 E22 as it transpires. Well that was a tedious ep & no mistake.

Car SOS S10 E3 Opel Manta GTE. Another rust bucket. Feck me. No wonder there's none left. After the usual soda blasting, acid dipping, welding, they dipped the whole shell in some chemical processing line. Tim did the painting for some reason. SORN. MOT out end of October.

Dan Do: Plas Cilybebyll, duw there's posh then, incomers in an old farmhouse in Llandeilo.

2nd half of an Abandoned Engineering I hadn't seen before: cotton factory that turned into a work camp during WWII, some monstrous concrete building in Korea that once belonged to Kim Il Sung's merry men.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 May 2023, 08:11.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X