• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

​ HWMBO made the mistake of asking, "what's been happening on Oak Island?" and suggested I put an episode on.

Foolish chap. S8E1 is a two hour episode

Comment

Non-Chinese tea: Pukka steak & kidney pie, with chips, peas and gravy. Delicious

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          ​ HWMBO made the mistake of asking, "what's been happening on Oak Island?" and suggested I put an episode on.

Comment

"How long is left of this episode?"

"We are 47m into 1h23m"

"Oh feck. I'm having another G&T"

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Only 24 more eps to go then.

I wonder how much longer they can string this out.

S9 looks probable.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's rewatch movie mayhem was of the financial markets kind: The Wolf of Wall Street (2013). Good fun, particularly the scene with DiCaprio's portrayal of the results of excessive Quaalude consumption. Probably less fun for all the people Jordan Belfort ripped off, but that's Wall Street for you

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey. Again.

Sunless.

Slightly warmer at 19.6 deg in here.

1016 mBar, 30 in Hg, 72% RH.

Sunday judging by the wireless's twitterings.

One of the smoke detectors decided that it would be advantageous to indicate a low battery state at 05:15 this morning.

Finding out which fecking one it was took a while.

And, as far as I'm concerned, 8.8V isn't a low battery state.

Shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Chicken & sausage aroasting in the oven. Couldn't find any bacon in the freezer, apart from that glued unbreakably to the packs of lamb's liver.

In other news, the repaired exhaust hasn't fallen off. Yet.

Lunch: the aforementioned roast chicken & sausage sans bacon, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Walk walked in the unseasonal warmth.

Entertainment: a bit of the Repair thing about a clock.

Even more abjectly ludicrous crap on Blaze: Conspiracy Files: Flying Saucers.

The previous thing Conspiracy Files: HAARP was even more ludicrous, chem trails, weather control, mind control, you name it.

How the feck can this tosh justify two advert breaks in 30 minutes?

Freecell score: 89%: running average: 84%.

Tea: Ginsters vegan Moroccan pasty, Heinz tomato with a hint of chilli plus some Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, 2x bramble jelly sandwiches on same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Vera E2.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 September 2021, 16:51.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Up betimes for the family Zoom call shortly

It's sunny out for a change. Already up to 16°C, with 23° expected later; barometers up a little at 1014/1022mB

Comment

Zooming done

Feeling a bit peckish. I might have to free up a bit more space in the freezer by using up some sausages and bacon

Comment

Working...
                      X