• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telly has been another new episode of Police Interceptors

Early night now, as I think the lack of a full night's sleep before the early start for Zoom on Sunday is catching up with me

Goodnight all

Comment

Dinner was wholesome ramen from Shoryu before heading home. Bins trundled, work email checked to make sure I still have to get up for a meeting at 10am and laundry hung out that wasn't finished before we went out earlier.

Comment

Morning denizens

The weather app officially describes conditions out as "haze", and the sun is looking a tad orange as it rises over the Salvation Army charity shop (formerly Sainsbury's Local). Currently 16°C, with 29° predicted for later; barometers steady on 1014/1022mB

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

CBS.

Sunny.

Warm at 21 deg in here. <phew wot a scorcher>

1017 mbar, 30.03 in Hg, 73% RH.

Tuesday.

The remainder of the lawn was strimmed & mown.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the NZ Border Patrol thing x 2.

Some twin & earth cable located for the new connection down to the garage.

Some minor potching undertaken but little achieved since I was too knackered after the morning's labours.

Tea: the soup & rice thing, some mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The curse of Oak Island S8 E1, all 2 hours of it.

Discovering Denzel Washington.

The Joy of Painting: Om. Squirrel in this one.

Treasure Hunt thing with the Oak Island nutjobs.

"Ten Steps to Disaster": 9/11.

Elementary S7 E7: "From Russia with drugs"

The Bad Skin Clinic on Quest Red.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 September 2021, 19:47.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky out there again. Currently 25 degrees with an expected high of 29 Barometer down a smidge to 1023 mBar.

Dialled into the 10am meeting only to be told it was being rescheduled. Turns out that when we all agreed the meeting time last week, the key person who needed to be there didn't pipe up and say they were in the US on EST. Only those in India on IST were present. So that's been put back to tomorrow and the Indian based lot now have to work to late in the evening to accommodate their colleague in the US.

I'm pretty sure it was a delaying tactic. That one chap (who is the one supposed to present their plan) could have rejected the meeting when he saw it coming for the middle of the night.

Anyway. I'm back on holiday.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Grace Darling and her father rescue the crew of the 'Forfarshire', a steamer crashed off the Northumberland coast 1838

Comment

Our morning meeting was pushed back because somebody needed to deal with a fractious toddler

Then there were connection issues for the toddler-wrangler, meaning in the end we had to abandon Google Meet and have it on Teams instead, but there were still connection issues there. So the whole thing ended up about an hour late, which has completely messed up my sense of time for the rest of the morning; I'm hoping lunch will reset it

In the meantime, the mundane laundry is on, which inspired me to put away the bedding wash from the weekend so there's space on the clotheshorse for it

Comment

28C again now.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Up to 30°C here now

Lunch was a pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal) and a bag of crisps

The delivery manager is supposed to be demoing the QuickSight stuff to a load of people from other teams on Teams soon, but I realised that one part of it has none of the last few weeks' work, because QS won't let me export a different version to replace the current version (because the current version was based on an old work-in-progress and not the current working version) and the only way to replace it is to get somebody from a different team to do something or other

So, just in case, I'm hastily redoing a load of work in the vague hope I can have it ready by 4pm. If not, she'll just have to demo the stuff that is up-to-date and skip this one

Comment

Went over to to Heathrow for a pre-departure test to get a certificate to say we (at time of testing) are not unclean. The results confirm we are free of a particular ailment at the moment.

Chased up our travel authorisation as we can't leave the country without it. It needs to arrive today as we check in at 7am (2am Grenadian time) tomorrow. I am keeping my fretting under control but I do dislike waiting on other people.

Halfords swapped out my windscreen wipers as I'd noticed one had split. They do a mobile fitting for an extra £4 on top of the purchase price. Remembering how hard they are to get off, and seeing the chap battle with them, I'm glad I didn't order for me to fit them myself. I think the £4 was a bargain.

Comment

Working...
                      X