• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

I'm more a light rum person (not white, not black). i find black rums too sweet and cloying.
    my favourites are appleton estate(jamaica) and mount gay(barbados).
    pussers (BVI) might be suitable though, as they supplied the RN for a long time.
    Pussers and Cane Garden Bay Rum are staples when we sail round the VIs. Sailor Jerry for a pre-breakfast quaff.

One to look out for (trust me) Captain Morgan Private Stock.
    Or go big, Diplomatico Ambassador.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Time runners - why did they make it for TV? Or at all? It made MacGyver the series look like high production value...

Made in Italy - think "a good year" with Liam "I have a particular set of skills" Neilson. - Enjoyable

Goody today having decided to do Finance ahead of the ERP system it was decided we should set both ships adrift and then later hope they will moor up alongside of each without sinking after massive structural changes. I predict a feck up (to be sung as if you are the clash)!

I have now padded my walls to prevent real harm.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's bounty of the freezer was the last of the chicken cacciatore I made in March, with chips

Comment

Current conditions:
          Solar wind speed: 314.8 km/sec
          density: 7.5 protons/cm3
          X-ray Solar Flares 6-hr max: B6 0815 UT Sep06
          24-hr: B7 1811 UT Sep05

Source https://www.physicsforums.com/thread....923468/page-7
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ah dinner was duck stew with root vegetables included - properly yummy!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Popped out the back to check the main back gate, which was shut, which was a nice surprise. A rather stranger surprise was that the Mini from a few doors up was parked inside it, facing out and apparently abandoned

I wasn't sure what was going on with that, so I hung around a bit, but nothing happened. I suspected somebody might have locked the gate again, and the driver had gone off in search of a key. Eventually I came back in, but then saw from the kitchen window that the end wall of the side road terrace was illuminated so its lights must now be on. So back down I went.

This time it was populated by the lady who owns it, who explained that the gate was locked, which was not good as she's a doctor who's supposed to be doing a night shift up at the Royal. I told her I'd try to get it open but couldn't promise anything. However, it turned out not to be locked at all. Some idiot left it half-locked ages ago, so you have to turn the handle and give it a tug (or a push from the other side), and the bit-that-pokes-out slips out of the bit-it-pokes-in-to, and it opens. But it seems she, purely by chance, had never found it closed when heading out before; and some idiot has removed the handle on the inside, so you have to reach through the bars and turn the outside one. As it's dark inside and she hadn't encountered it before, she didn't know about the handle, so it just seemed fully locked to her

So she's out now, and has had a crash course off me in how to use the gate

Comment

Telly tonight was some more of that bailiff thing on My5.

Better get to bed now I suppose; I'm not as tired as I was last night, but these early starts catch up with one quite quickly

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Just about to leave for the airport so weather and daily fact will be from whatever passes for a lounge at Gatwick North Terminal in a couple of hours' time

Comment

Morning.

Water temperature
                    Birs 15 °C
                    Rhein 19.6 °C

Temperature 12 °C
                    Sunshine 0 of 10 min
                    Precipitation 0 mm/h
                    Wind speed 1 km/h
                    Wind direction E
                    Wind gusts 3 km/h
                    Relative humidity 89%
                    Pressure 981 hPa

Expected high, 27°C
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny start, possibly the last of the season

Currently 16°C out with 29° forecast; but the barometers are down fairly sharply at 1007/1015mB, with rain predicted to arrive from midnight on with likelihood of 30% rising to 90%

Comment

Working...
                      X